Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, about 8 months ago I bought a used wildcat 1000, and after a few trips the rear left wheel dissconnected, after a quick view we saw that the axle ripped through the castle nut and the screwing was ruined so we had to replace the axle, we took it to the shop, they fixed it and still it happened again and again so we decided to weld it but still it got ripped and destroyed the axle I dont know what to do Im out of ideas it happpened about 15 times and every single time it happened we got stuck in the woods for a few hours. I really need you help. thanks.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Welcome asaf sarussi. This is a known Wildcat issue, unfortunately. Does your car have the axle plates? If not, that's your first step, to get them.

There are quite a few threads on here as to what members did to eliminate it. Happens alot, to a lot of members.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Here's a great one!

PS - Odyknuck is no longer on here, or making them. But Steve's plates were sweet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome asaf sarussi. This is a known Wildcat issue, unfortunately. Does your car have the axle plates? If not, that's your first step, to get them.

There are quite a few threads on here as to what members did to eliminate it. Happens alot, to a lot of members.

actually at first I didn’t have a plate but after the first time it happened I got one, but it didn’t really do much. I will look at other threads, thanks.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
actually at first I didn’t have a plate but after the first time it happened I got one, but it didn’t really do much. I will look at other threads, thanks.
You'll need 1 per wheel. You're correct, they don't do much, barely designed what they were intended to do. Read the thread from Sand n Sea. Just follow it, as Robert is the go-to-guy on here! If you need help, just PM him.

Reactions: Sand-n-Sea

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Thanks Hollywood! I had the same issue as the OP. Axle ruined as well. Since I altered the plates I have no more issue with it.

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it possibly a side load issue instead? The axle upgrade is good for the X I assume yours also and is a better design. I also did the weld on sockets for retainers for the castle nuts.. Plus the wheel no longer rolls on the axle since the hub has a bearing.
See here

·
Registered
50 Posts

Hollywood do you know where a person can get these plates, they look like good preventative maintenance thanks

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Hollywood do you know where a person can get these plates, they look like good preventative maintenance thanks
Hey Gord,

You should have them already under each wheel. Check. If not, I recommend looking at Rocky Mountain ATV. The write up Sand n Sea did is what you need to follow, as the plates themselves were known to turn, and then your wheel fell off! Fun times!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts