Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the offset is on the stock 10" rims and if there is room for additional offset toward the inside?

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Anyone know what the offset is on the stock 10" rims and if there is room for additional offset toward the inside?
Did someone get a new toy???

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just doing some research

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
he's getting one

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Offset is 5+2

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Offset is 5+2
So the rims are only 7" wide and not 10"? Is there room to put more than 2" offset toward the center of the car? Like a 4" to 5" offset?

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
OK, but I know I'll be sitting in 22 and see an XX driving up, I'm pretty sure who it will be. Then again, it might be Joey, God forbid! You pulling up is usually the "Official" opening of the season!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah he said he was running method wheels 4x4 front and 5x5 rear....Methods site sells vehicle specific wheels and this is the off set they say fit an XX.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Though I try not to raise old threads from the dead, I wanted to update the stock backspacing / offset info on the XX.

I've seen 5+2 "published" in a lot of forums, but that can't be accurate since the rims are only 6" wide. I took the time to measure the wheels, and while I was at it I noticed there is a lot of info cast into the backside of the spokes. Load rating is 1000 lbs, and another spoke had something like ET 55.

I suspected the 55 was the offset, and my measurements and calculations differ by only .040" or 1mm. Considering I'm measuring from the floor and using blocks of wood to span the outside of the rim beads, that's pretty much dead-on. If offset is 55mm (~2 1/8"), then backspacing in nice round numbers is 5+1. My measurements confirm this.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
imagine the gear heads already knew this stuff but for me all the explanations were understandable at my mindset level which i appreciated...very informative and thanks for the post...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts