·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Looks like lower link arm on the right is bent up

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
i think its a aftermarker one from a 6 inch lift :(
Doesn’t look like the same shape as the left one, are the rear links adjustable, if so try to align. If not start looking for bent stuff. Was it fine before the last ride? Did you change anything? Did u hit anything?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn’t look like the same shape as the left one, are the rear links adjustable, if so try to align. If not start looking for bent stuff. Was it fine before the last ride? Did you change anything? Did u hit anything?
i bought it used like this

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
As Sak Kitty wrote, the left and right lower links are not the same. Looks like the bend closest to the inside mounting point on the right link is a tighter angle than the left link. That will shorten the overall length of that link and give you positive camber.

Having the angles not match would probably bug me, so I would attempt to straighten that link and make it match. But if the links have adjustable ends, just getting the length correct would be enough. Making the angles match is just cosmetic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lower right control arm looks bent, if you try getting it back to where it should be, it will be weak, so don't bother, you need to replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I didn't have that brand of high clearance radius arm, but the ones I did have were heavy-walled tubing, and would have been just as strong after straightening. That material is relatively ductile - it gets its strength from mass.

The fact that the OP's arm has been bent without any obvious trauma and the OD of the arm suggests it is similar to the ones I had. It may well be usable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts