Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pre-ordered a 2022 wildcat xx ltd almost 12 months ago now and my dealer said his rep just keeps giving him a run around and I was hoping someone on here could shine some light on the reason the ltd and se are not being released to anyone? Please give me a peace of mind with a response as to why they are not making or releasing these machines at this time also if and when they will start releasing them any info/help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I gave up. My local dealer wouldn't let me order one. He put me on a "list" and I never heard from them again.
I contacted AC directly and they referred me back to the local dealer. I found the dealer in Butte Montana had a 2022 and I drove the 12 hours and snapped it up.
I wanted the new clutch only available on the SE and LTD.
It's still breaking in, I'll probably order the new clutch and put it on myself.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Yes, the base model. I wanted the newer clutch.
Somehow the dealer in Butte Montana was able to get a 2022 when the Las Vegas dealer couldn't.
I asked what the problem was, they said they weren't sure but they think Fox is behind on shocks. This is just dealer hearsay though.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
we were now told production end of june first of july shortage of components.. from a pretty reliable source pretty much the same as the other manufactures its really starting to suck...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone else have any news hearsay rumors what not I’m just trying to figure out if I’m going to get away from arctic cat all together I have 4 cat sleds and a dvx 400 375 2x4 I have been arctic cat 100% my hole life and as soon as textron took over I haven’t seen anything except negative things from them dealers closing all over my parents used to sell arctic cat quads and we had no support then does this mean cat is going to eventually (near future) go out of business?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I don't know what Textron has on their mind. I just spent $22,000 on a new Wildcat and they didn't make it easy. There are few, if any, new 2022 Wildcats at dealers anywhere in the country. When I contacted Arctic Cat directly, it took them about a month to write me back and they didn't answer my questions, they mostly blew me off and told me to contact my local dealer, which I already had and they pretty much blew me off too.
I live out west near Dumont and Glamis. If Textron would have developed a turbo, and then a 4 seater, they'd sell hundreds of thousands out here.
My new Wildcat has 4.5 hours on it so far.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Banned
2021 Wildcat XX
81 Posts
I don't know what Textron has on their mind. I just spent $22,000 on a new Wildcat and they didn't make it easy. There are few, if any, new 2022 Wildcats at dealers anywhere in the country. When I contacted Arctic Cat directly, it took them about a month to write me back and they didn't answer my questions, they mostly blew me off and told me to contact my local dealer, which I already had and they pretty much blew me off too.
I live out west near Dumont and Glamis. If Textron would have developed a turbo, and then a 4 seater, they'd sell hundreds of thousands out here.
My new Wildcat has 4.5 hours on it so far. View attachment 253965
Your Vegas dealer didn't blow your off, they got their allotment of machines and were told by Arctic cat they couldn't order more.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Your Vegas dealer didn't blow your off, they got their allotment of machines and were told by Arctic cat they couldn't order more.
That makes sense because I tried to give the dealer money to reserve a machine and they wouldn't take it. I'll say that again. A dealer wouldn't take my money.
I had my wife call around and she found the dealer in Butte MT just got a new 2022.
There were a couple in California but they marked them up to almost $30,000.

If there's demand for these machines, why aren't they cranking them out?
I don't understand any of this.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
That makes sense because I tried to give the dealer money to reserve a machine and they wouldn't take it. I'll say that again. A dealer wouldn't take my money.
I had my wife call around and she found the dealer in Butte MT just got a new 2022.
There were a couple in California but they marked them up to almost $30,000.

If there's demand for these machines, why aren't they cranking them out?
I don't understand any of this.
Textron is a defense contractor, why mess around with the public on a 22K machine when they can add a turret and other kewl gadgets to it and sell it to the military for 100K.. They also own Howe & Howe, they buy the assembly line not the low paying customer base.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
But why buy assembly line if it isn’t going to make you the money it was making when you are not assembling anything
Neither of us has the proper security clearance to know what they are making, we only know what they are not making :cry:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts