Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I just heard from a rep that there are SE done and ready but the front bumper welds are bad so they can't ship them tell they are fixed no eta at this point.
In his best Gomer Pile voice.. Surprise Surprise! lol.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the Ltds are out..Dakota Cat in West Fargo ND has em.. some will be down in the Black Hills this weekend also..saw a Ltd and SE loaded up on a trailer this morning also..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don’t know how true it is, but I was told that Arctic Cat only plans to only make 2500 XX in 2022. I think they still only have one assembly line and half the year it does ATV/UTV’s then switches to snow sleds for the other half.

It’s so disappointing as the XX is a great machine even 4-5 years later with pretty much zero changes or improvements it’s still a great machine vs the competition in the same class & market. I know two people who have bought 22 base XX this year. That puts 4 XX in a group of people we go to the desert with.

Now next “Rumor” I’ve heard is that after the legal suit with RMG (Todd Romano & Robby Gordon) is over, possibly by the end of this year. I think they are in the settlement faze of the suit. That Textron/AC might want to drop the XX model all together. At first I did not believe it, but they have eliminated all other sport models, and only have the Prowler left. It could be that they feel while still in litigation they need to still offer the XX? Just guessing? Like it’s been said they had yet to built the other two trims this year and it’s August. The last AC dealer in San Diego that carry’s the XX, said they don’t know if they will get more. They have not heard if there will be a 2023 model and no one from AC will tell them.

Now if any of this is true, it could be an opportunity for Speed UTV to eventually release a Speed equivalent to the XX in the $20K price range. I know they got to get out the current car they are building, but I know they are already planning future models, and it will take less time to release future models as they have the foundation built.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
$20K speed? or is that Husin? Cats not going anywheres, they do have a mess right now with what happened these last two years,and Texron themselves caused a lot of it..they got themselves in one hell of a hole, but hopefully getting back out..

·
Registered
125 Posts
$20K speed? or is that Husin? Cats not going anywheres, they do have a mess right now with what happened these last two years,and Texron themselves caused a lot of it..they got themselves in one hell of a hole, but hopefully getting back out..
I hope AC is not going anywhere and keeps the XX model. But until they announce it at a dealer model release show, or tell the dealers we are building cars. I’d have to wonder? Arctic Cat is the only Sport UTV manufacture not listed to have a display at this years Super Sand Sport Show in September.

The current Speed model is not $20+K, but the XX it’s not even in the same stratosphere as the new Speed car. But for a 2nd or 3rd model I could see Speed looking to get into the NA market to compete with Polaris N/A, Talon, KRX, YXZ and if the XX is no longer available, then it fills that void too.

And Yes Speed had contracted Hisun as one of their CM’s. They have several CM’s building parts for the new Speed car. Don’t be too shocked to find out that AC uses Hisun or others in CN for parts too. Hisun makes parts for several brands. That’s why they have 7.1 million sqft of manufacturing space. 300,000 in TX and an new 300,000 sqft in MX.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I hope AC is not going anywhere and keeps the XX model. But until they announce it at a dealer model release show, or tell the dealers we are building cars. I’d have to wonder? Arctic Cat is the only Sport UTV manufacture not listed to have a display at this years Super Sand Sport Show in September.

The current Speed model is not $20+K, but the XX it’s not even in the same stratosphere as the new Speed car. But for a 2nd or 3rd model I could see Speed looking to get into the NA market to compete with Polaris N/A, Talon, KRX, YXZ and if the XX is no longer available, then it fills that void too.

And Yes Speed had contracted Hisun as one of their CM’s. They have several CM’s building parts for the new Speed car. Don’t be too shocked to find out that AC uses Hisun or others in CN for parts too. Hisun makes parts for several brands. That’s why they have 7.1 million sqft of manufacturing space. 300,000 in TX and an new 300,000 sqft in MX.
In this recent video, Robbie says not all parts are made in USA.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In this recent video, Robbie says not all parts are made in USA.

In my post, I said he has contracted Hisun and several other CM’s to build parts for the Speed UTV. It’s scheduled to be final assembled in Texas, but with a new factory opening in Mexico, it could get moved down there too? This could be a huge savings on tariffs if it was moved. It was designed & engineered in the USA, but manufacturing is global. China and several countries in Asia, Australia, UK are a few where parts are coming from. All UTV manufactures get parts from Asia. Unfortunately it’s how the world is now a days.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
...for me - as european- my quads/utvs have to be MADE IN USA --- WE have enough chines sh.t here already...

i dont care if SOME parts are from over there- and-

it gives me a good feeling i know where my AC leaves the plant and its built by americ. people....

many young people dont care - for me its a lifestyle- thats why im drivin only american cars....

i think the AC people over there did a good job - maybe not perfect- but ok and it would be a shame not use this plant...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just recieved notice that after a year and a week, my pre-order 2022 ltd is finally at the dealer. just gotta take a day off and go get it. Can’t wait to ride it this weekend. I will try to post some info on it after I ride it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just recieved notice that after a year and a week, my pre-order 2022 ltd is finally at the dealer. just gotta take a day off and go get it. Can’t wait to ride it this weekend. I will try to post some info on it after I ride it
Nice. Don't forget to tell us how the new clutch feels. My se has been at the dealer since the 12 of last month waiting on my shocks to be sent back from getting tuned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So first off I unloaded the new ltd and put two mile on it in the driveway giving the kids a scare! I then smelt antifreeze so I got out and looked and found there was two junk hose clamps. One on the thermostat housing and one on the bleed line. I have put 40 miles on around the roads so far and the clutch’s are nice max speed 75 rev limiter is 9500 rpm overall I’m happy so far. Back shifting is good and acceleration is as well. On the downside the engine is very noisy, sounds like it rattles everywhere but it is just the nature of the beast I guess. There is a touch of milky oil/moisture on the dipstick, however the oil it’s self looks great. Only time will tell if it holds up or not

21 - 32 of 32 Posts