Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is in the title...WHEN....WHEN will Artic Cat come out with a TURBO XX from the factory!!???...HOW LONG will they continue with only having a N/A option?? The motor platform is NOT new!..they should have came out with a turbo version a few YEARS ago...this is the 5th Version of the XX!!

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Never….. to far behind now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never….. to far behind now.
And that is what SUCKS!! Because I Love my 18' XX...BUT...its 4 years later and no change in the platform!...I'm SHOCKED they are still making them actually...at some point soon they are gonna hit the wall...which should have already happened actually..... I guess I'll just have to get a Can-Am or Polaris at some point in the future

·
Registered
739 Posts
I added one to my xx love the speed can go up to 45lbs of boost over 600hp on race gas at my camp there's long ass straight roads were we can use the turbo and its nice on steep hill climbs with little room to get going at speed the xx is real steady I've had other side by sides up to high speeds (super charged yxz up to 90)not nearly as steady as the cat

·
Registered
125 Posts
And that is what SUCKS!! Because I Love my 18' XX...BUT...its 4 years later and no change in the platform!...I'm SHOCKED they are still making them actually...at some point soon they are gonna hit the wall...which should have already happened actually..... I guess I'll just have to get a Can-Am or Polaris at some point in the future
If you like your XX platform then the machine you should be looking at is the Speed UTV as your upgrade. The XX was the vision of Robby Gordon. The XX primary design was his. He holds most of the patents on the XX and has incorporated all the good things about the XX into the Speed UTV. A matter of fact Mike Nemic a design engineer who also worked with Arctic Cat and Robby on parts of the XX came to Speed UTV to help develop the new Speed machine. Then you have Todd Romano who was apart of the XX program along with the aftermarket SpeedSXS product line. Several other engineers from the off road, NASCAR, Indy car, snow sled worlds come into be apart of the Speed UTV.

So when your ready to replace your XX check out the Speed UTV. I think it’s going to give your everything you are looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you like your XX platform then the machine you should be looking at is the Speed UTV as your upgrade. The XX was the vision of Robby Gordon. The XX primary design was his. He holds most of the patents on the XX and has incorporated all the good things about the XX into the Speed UTV. A matter of fact Mike Nemic a design engineer who also worked with Arctic Cat and Robby on parts of the XX came to Speed UTV to help develop the new Speed machine. Then you have Todd Romano who was apart of the XX program along with the aftermarket SpeedSXS product line. Several other engineers from the off road, NASCAR, Indy car, snow sled worlds come into be apart of the Speed UTV.

So when your ready to replace your XX check out the Speed UTV. I think it’s going to give your everything you are looking for.
Ok thank you...I'll check them out

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good luck with speed i know dudes waiting 2 yrs now and not one production car yet my xx has more hp than a speed car same suspension but 64" same turbo as the speed car for alot less $$ and the its in my garage I actually got alot of speed stuff on my car its good stuff but pricey

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
one of my XXs is going into the shopnext week to get turbo'd, will be thousands ahead and again sitting in my shop..speed is building a damn nice rig, but when? yes covid is number one problem, but Im thinking a couple production could of been built and shown..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck with speed i know dudes waiting 2 yrs now and not one production car yet my xx has more hp than a speed car same suspension but 64" same turbo as the speed car for alot less $$ and the its in my garage I actually got alot of speed stuff on my car its good stuff but pricey
What turbo setup do you have??

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I hope you have zero intention of trying to get anywhere close to this!! If you are PM me and I will tell what it is gonna take. Me and my buddy were on the bleeding edge of the horsepower wars (sand outlaws series with a YXZ) and know the ins and out of the motor and what it will and wont take. LOTS of broken parts in mine and my buddies shop when you over 35ish llbs.... better just send the block to get "fire loops" now and get a Motec or Emtron stand alone on order.

The motor will make crazy power, just takes a medium fortune to do it...but everything does in this sport!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I hope you have zero intention of trying to get anywhere close to this!! If you are PM me and I will tell what it is gonna take. Me and my buddy were on the bleeding edge of the horsepower wars (sand outlaws series with a YXZ) and know the ins and out of the motor and what it will and wont take. LOTS of broken parts in mine and my buddies shop when you over 35ish llbs.... better just send the block to get "fire loops" now and get a Motec or Emtron stand alone on order.

The motor will make crazy power, just takes a medium fortune to do it...but everything does in this sport!
I'm not going anywhere close to that I ll probably set boost around 15-20lbs that will be plenty for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts