Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I just purchased a 2012 Wildcat 1000 a week ago. First ride I took it on I was cruising 50mph down the gravel road. Then the belt broke, it was insanely hot in the clutch area when I took the cover off. The drive clutch is in really bad shape and needs replacing. But I can’t find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one or have a link to one?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I assume you are referring to the primary. I have seen them on ebay. What is "bad shape"?
Strongly consider driving with the cover cut to allow the heat to escape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I will def be leaving the cover off from now on. I looked on ebay, there is nothing for the year 2012 new or used.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just looked and see a few. Search for "wildcat 1000 clutch"

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I double checked ebay. I couldn't find anything new or used for a 2012. You are aware that the 2012 doesn't have the rapid response clutch as all the models 2013 and up have right? Thanks for your time and willingness to help me with this!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
LOL, I am aware.The 2012 - 2013.5 have a wet clutch design. That's what I have and have modified.I'll take a peek and post some links for you.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just to confirm; you are looking for the outer sheave assembly, the inner clutch assembly, or both?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, some links would be fantastic. Both are in really bad shaped and the inner teeth are stripped to pretty much nothing

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Inner teeth? Can you please post a pic. The wet clutch is nesting inside the engine. Only the sheaves, cover plate, and clutch shaft are really exposed to damage. Have you taken it apart to check?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried uploading a photo like 3 times and it won’t let me. Basically, there are two spinning wheels (clutches) that the drive belt runs along. The front one is the one that’s bad. The plastic clips on the outter half of the clutch are torn up. And then on the inner half of the clutch (not inside the engine), is totally stripped and has no teeth to grip the spindal drive gear that comes out of the engine. Hope that makes sense

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Got it. The picture is of the inner sheave (0823-272). Those "Teeth" are fan blades. The inner sheave rides on and is driven by a PTO shaft. you need to replace this sheave.
The outer sheave (0823-273) slides freely on a bushing and id driven by a Plate (0823-276) with rollers sandwiched between it and the outer sheave. These rollers control (through centrifugal force) the distance between the 2 sheaves and in turn where the belt rides.
I don't know without images if your other parts are damaged.
Take a look at these:
ebay-1
ebay-2

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are exactly what I need! I'm going to order them right now. You are a life saver

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A good idea to double check your part numbers before you order. Go to country cat and check the parts diagram for your model. Always best to be sure.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Also, modify your clutch cover to allow heat to escape. The wet clutch machines need to leave the part of the cover that covers the primary clutch side as there is a support bearing in the cover.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Yes, I will def be leaving the cover off from now on. I looked on ebay, there is nothing for the year 2012 new or used.
Never leave the cover off a wet clutch when driving it, the outer bearing supports the shaft.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi guys, so I just purchased a 2012 Wildcat 1000 a week ago. First ride I took it on I was cruising 50mph down the gravel road. Then the belt broke, it was insanely hot in the clutch area when I took the cover off. The drive clutch is in really bad shape and needs replacing. But I can’t find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one or have a link to one?
D & P Performance - Cedar City, Utah I replaced mine a year ago and they had parts.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You CAN NOT ride with the clutch cover off on the 2012/13 wet clutch! Call MLS or Country CAT as they can get anything for you. If you ride mud/swamps you need to keep cover on, but if its all dry then you can cut the cover in half and leave the front cover (primary) on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts