Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer sensor broke and we were going to start on the Arizona Peace trail tommorow. Does anybody know of a dealer who stocks any artic cat parts?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Hi, Crashly - That sensor is the same on the Trail, Sport, 1000/X and several of the Arctic Cat quads. Maybe someone in the area will have a spare with them and see this post.

If you delay your departure on the Peace Trail and want to do a short ride, we will be leaving from Foothills Blvd at I-8 around noon on Thursday.

·
Administrator
27,592 Posts
Coyne Motorsports in El Centro used to have AC parts, not sure if they still do. If not try MLS, or Country Cat. You're not going to get it by tomorrow though. You can run without a speedo, God knows I did it enough times in my Cat!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Coyne Motorsports in El Centro used to have AC parts, not sure if they still do. If not try MLS, or Country Cat. You're not going to get it by tomorrow though. You can run without a speedo, God knows I did it enough times in my Cat!
Problem is if its not tuned with the speed limit removed, he will have issues. When mine went bad, it would go from close to what I was traveling to 80+ causing the motor to cut out because of the speed limiter. Not sure if you can unplug, or jump it to allow you to ride without cutting out. Lucky for me, I was only a few miles form my truck when it went bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Coyne motor sports is the closest Dealer they have parts and a delivery guy comes to the foothills most every day I am sure he can bring it to you if the timing is right.
I bought my XX from them They are the closest dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to drive back to Coyne and pick up the sensor. The one they gave me
was used and failed as soon as the transmission got hot. I ended up ordering one from Tuscon, and had it delivered. I ran the new sensor yesterday and everything worked out well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That has a familiar ring to it!
I took the XX in right after I bought it to address the heat issue. They parked in the shop told me several times they were going to work on it after six weeks of listening to the BS I went and picked it up and fixed the problem myself. Not that I couldn’t do it but because it was brand new I thought they should do it or at least give it a try....but that was not the case it sat there for six weeks and wasn’t touched. I guess they would rather sell them than repair them especially if it is under warranty.
to be honest I knew better, I probably wouldn’t have been satisfied with what they did anyway. I do my own work and the end result would have been the same, my guess is I would have fix it myself anyway. I just thought they should at least try. I will know better from here on out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts