Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I run my Rugged pumper at less than 50% with or without a passenger with no hose plug. That pumper puts out a ton of air so I just let it flow.

On a side note, I don't wear a helmet for safety as much as for comfort. Once CA mandated it and I got used to wearing it I don't really like not wearing it anymore in other states. Maybe I'm getting old but music bluetoothed to the Rugged radio and fresh air blowing on my head and the gnarliest dustiest trail is like a relaxing road trip. Even better with coms so we can all talk shit all day

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought the PCI Air Pump Max unit with their $100 billet aluminum mounting bracket. It looks great! Now, where do I mount this thing so the unit sits vertically?
I have the Tusk roof so that eliminates the top cross bar on the cage. There isn’t enough room to mount it in the center anyway. There are two angled, vertical intrusion bars, but the pump will have to sit at an angle, and frankly, that looks stupid.
So what can you recommend for a location?
I think the fix is a clamp-on, 1-3/4” diameter tube assembly that mounts to the two angled bars that would provide a horizontal surface. It doesn’t have to be a safety rated thing, but rugged enough to handle the weight of the pumper unit as you’re flying down a trail. I’ve searched several roll cage sites and every aftermarket site, and no one offers something like this. I’d think it would also be handy for mounting a wide range of items that need a horizontal mounting surface.
If any of you really good fabrication guys are interested, I can provide manufacturing drawings for something like this.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and pics of your mounting.

Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought the PCI Air Pump Max unit with their $100 billet aluminum mounting bracket. It looks great! Now, where do I mount this thing so the unit sits vertically?
I have the Tusk roof so that eliminates the top cross bar on the cage. There isn’t enough room to mount it in the center anyway. There are two angled, vertical intrusion bars, but the pump will have to sit at an angle, and frankly, that looks stupid.
So what can you recommend for a location?
I think the fix is a clamp-on, 1-3/4” diameter tube assembly that mounts to the two angled bars that would provide a horizontal surface. It doesn’t have to be a safety rated thing, but rugged enough to handle the weight of the pumper unit as you’re flying down a trail. I’ve searched several roll cage sites and every aftermarket site, and no one offers something like this. I’d think it would also be handy for mounting a wide range of items that need a horizontal mounting surface.
If any of you really good fabrication guys are interested, I can provide manufacturing drawings for something like this.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and pics of your mounting.

Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts