Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trail and sport owners: If you have a storage box in your bed, where have you installed your gas can?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Trail and sport owners: If you have a storage box in your bed, where have you installed your gas can?
Apparently I don't have a pic but I strap my chainsaw case on top of my box then weave the strap through my rotopax can which I recommend over a regular gas can

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently I don't have a pic but I strap my chainsaw case on top of my box then weave the strap through my rotopax can which I recommend over a regular gas can
I might be able to bolt a rotopax to the top of my box and still open it, that's a good thought, thanks!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome! I have my rotopax attached to the roll cage, on the rear roll cage “kicker” passenger side. High enough to not be affected by the engine heat and doesn’t seem to get in the way while riding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! I have my rotopax attached to the roll cage, on the rear roll cage “kicker” passenger side. High enough to not be affected by the engine heat and doesn’t seem to get in the way while riding.
that would be a perfect spot, but I don't have that type of roll cage. And I have a vinyl cab enclosure, so can't put it on the vertical part of the roll cage. I think I'll have to "invent" another way to hold it... hmmm...

·
Registered
2018 WILDCAT SPORT XT
3 Posts
has anyone thought about getting a used stock fuel cell and try to fit it behind the driver's seat like it is mounted behind the passenger seat? there seems to be a lot of room behind the driver's seat. that would double the fuel supply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a plan, but it's too
has anyone thought about getting a used stock fuel cell and try to fit it behind the driver's seat like it is mounted behind the passenger seat? there seems to be a lot of room behind the driver's seat. that would double the fuel supply.
That certainly needs some investigating. I had not thought of that area...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought of that area, but haven’t had a minute to look at my car. It seems like it would work if there’s room

·
Registered
2018 WILDCAT SPORT XT
3 Posts
I have a plan, but it's too

That certainly needs some investigating. I had not thought of that area...
well, I looked up the fuel cell then went over and removed the seats, i did not know it went so far under the seat, but there is a good bit of room where an aluminum can could be fabricated to sit there very easily. this is the direction i am going to pursue. as i move along with it I'll take some pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I mounted my rotopax 3 Gallon tank on the set of Angled cage bars that you can buy for the rear of the rig. Worked out perfect. Tucked in so it’s not wider than my rig, and it’s up out of the way of anything. Doesn’t interfere with the bed at all because I mounted it facing outward on the passenger side. I intend to also use water rotopax or another 3gallon fuel on the opposite side depending on the ride I’m going on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As I was posting my first reply, I was thinking that it would be possible to store a rotopax in that area. I may do it in addition to my other one. Keep us updated, I’m interested to see what you come up with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts