Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are most of you ordering yours from independent dealers, or from a local Bass Pro Shops? I have mine reserved through my local Bass Pro Shops store. Hopefully they will get the first shipment since they are the biggest retailer for Arctic Cat. Plus, their price is always less than MSRP...................

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Country Cat

·
Registered
945 Posts
Bought my Prowler from Gander Mountain....less than 1 year later, they quit selling AC....next Cat will not be from a box store.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Not Sure The Biggest Mean Anything Here
Its What Dealer Orders The Most :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My local AC dealer went out of business. I used to get all my parts, accessories, and service done there. So Bass Pro is about my only option now. The smaller dealer told me that AC had such high minimum orders for units and parts that they couldn't afford to continue carrying the line. That is sad..............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are most of you ordering yours from independent dealers, or from a local Bass Pro Shops? I have mine reserved through my local Bass Pro Shops store. Hopefully they will get the first shipment since they are the biggest retailer for Arctic Cat. Plus, their price is always less than MSRP...................
Do a search on any boat-forum as to how thay handle warranty claims on thier boats..........The Tahoe-brand..............LOL. Good luck....

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luckily I know some of the employees pretty well at my Bass Pro. They ran the tracker dealership before Bass Pro came to town. I did have some warranty work on my Prowler 1000. They have designated AC mechanics there. I didn't have any problems getting things covered in the past. Hopefully that continues.......

·
Registered
945 Posts
I checked Bass Pro when I was looking to buy my '06 Prowler.....I even went to the location where they did all of the repair and warranty work. Most unfriendly people I ever encountered at a business.....was back in the truck, leaving, with in 15 minutes.
Good to hear that they took good care of you, Dentless. A glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Theres Aways Going To Be The Good / Bad & The Ugly For Dealers:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
So true....but any and all info helps to make for an informed shopper!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
This Is True:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does bring up a valid point -we only have one dealer near Indianapolis vs 3 Polaris dealerships. What if the dealer sucks?

I hope the Wildcat takes a good chunk of the market and Ac grows huge from it, we all need a decent dealer we can rely on.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Totally agree with ya Baditude.....I too hope that AC's dealer network will grow as a result of super sales of the Wildcat. There is not much right around where I live......I usually do business with a dealer 350 miles from my place.....to far to to go for a spark plug :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I Hace A Dealer About 2 Mile From My House Will Not Deal With Them They Are Bad
my Dealer Is 200 Mile Round Trip But Would Not Have It Any Other Way
Country Cat A # 1 :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealership said today that they have heard they may get their first Wildcats as early as October!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My dealership said today that they have heard they may get their first Wildcats as early as October!!
Your dealer is blowing smoke! Production will not even be up and running yet. Many dealers are fabricating stories to generate deposits. This is only going to lead to hard feelings later. There is a possibility of some pre-production demo units, but they will not be available for purchase.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, they were told the same thing when the Prowler 1000s came out. I expect it will be around the 1st of the year just like it was then. But I am holding out some hope to see one before Thanksgiving. I think AC also strings the dealers along with release dates so they get as many orders as possible from people thinking they will be available before they actually are. Every month that they drag their feet getting these units out is another month that they lose all sales to Polaris....................

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think AC also strings the dealers along with release dates so they get as many orders as possible from people thinking they will be available before they actually are. Every month that they drag their feet getting these units out is another month that they lose all sales to Polaris....................
Negative. We have been told from the get-go not to expect them until January. Your dealer is spreading manure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts