Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2018 XX and took it to Glamis and kept up with RZR Turbos easy. I want to roost out my buddy’s and have like 200HP on the spool. Who is running a turbo? What kit and who can install it for me out here in Ca?

·
Administrator
27,697 Posts
Welcome Rudywho. Push has a turbo, Alba too I believe. Member Chris Lane has a Push in his car, do a search, he had videos up on it. You might want to give Alba a call, they are in California.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Rudywho, it sounds like you need a turnkey setup. I've been playing with turbo Miatas for a long, long time and the accumulated wisdom over the years is that the best hardware to put on your car is whatever your local tuner is comfortable with.

So you are asking one of the right questions in seeking a recommendation for a shop to do the work for you. Once you have identified a good shop, I would tell you to buy what they tell you to buy, so you don't hear "I've never worked with this before, but..."

Add LaRue Performance and Sandcraft to your list of kits to research.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a Push turbo, but it is more of a custom job. I can't recommend Push directly though- you would need to go through a Push dealer because Push is way too flakey. If you are willing to pay extra, LaRue does badass work. But a turbo is a mixed bag because it can turn into a money pit, with engine and trans work. My goal was 200-210 HP (160-170 RWHP) on a non built engine that is reliable. I accomplished this with better cooling and a little luck. I actually think 200HP is pushing it a bit on a 2018. That being said, I have had zero issues with about 1K miles.

There is a dealer in Las Vegas that would do a Push system for you. I had a long conversation with him at the last event that I was at. He had a lot of experience with Push and the XX.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have a push turbo went to thief river and had Ken tune it it's been reliable and runs great

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a turbo XX. mine a 2018 and it has a yamaha sidewinder snowmobile engine. I can select between 250HP to 320HP on the fly with an iPad on the dash. It is amazing and very fast. I have not been in a stock xx but i was in a stage 2 can am X3 and my destroys it.
With the amazing suspension these XX have, making it have 250HP is an amazing combination.
I have had no issues related to the turbo swap except i blew a belt.
I would suggest to all XX owners to get a turbo. really makes this car amazing. better than the RZR or X3

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a push turbo went to thief river and had Ken tune it it's been reliable and runs great
what year of rig do you have? I have an 18 and planning on taking one of mine over to Ken Feb/March to get it done.. which stage did you do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts