Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Sounds great but not sure how many customers are there in Canada. Sounds pricey to get a bad ass motor with no warranty. Just saying as I would have had an XX if a turbo was released. Now I have nothing and cant go to Glamis.:mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Thundercat / Sidewinder is 200hp stock out of box so you could swap and have no issues with engine for years. Stock turbo all you can get in real power is about 340hp and that's with all your supporting equipment correct to keep intake temps down (Race Only). Real world 280 to 300 pump gas on stock engine and stock turbo is an all around trail machine. Would make a sweet XX setup.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes you are correct BTP. i usually run mine at 250HP anything above that is not necessary for trail or play riding. it becomes a bit much to handle. Also i get around 125 miles to a tank of fuel. I'm not sure what stock XXs get but that's seems very impressive for me for a 250hp turbo machine with a cvt

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have a brand new IHI turbo sitting on the shelf that is the same frame as the sled turbo. I was excited to hear that until I learned that the sled exhaust manifold cannot be used on an XX. I mention this to dispel any notion that this is a plug and play conversion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rudywho, it sounds like you need a turnkey setup. I've been playing with turbo Miatas for a long, long time and the accumulated wisdom over the years is that the best hardware to put on your car is whatever your local tuner is comfortable with.

So you are asking one of the right questions in seeking a recommendation for a shop to do the work for you. Once you have identified a good shop, I would tell you to buy what they tell you to buy, so you don't hear "I've never worked with this before, but..."

Add LaRue Performance and Sandcraft to your list of kits to research.
Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Rudywho, it sounds like you need a turnkey setup. I've been playing with turbo Miatas for a long, long time and the accumulated wisdom over the years is that the best hardware to put on your car is whatever your local tuner is comfortable with.

So you are asking one of the right questions in seeking a recommendation for a shop to do the work for you. Once you have identified a good shop, I would tell you to buy what they tell you to buy, so you don't hear "I've never worked with this before, but..."

Add LaRue Performance and Sandcraft to your list of kits to research.
I've hear a lot of good about LaRue, thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Finally got a couple hundred miles on my push turbo with push engine internals and its a beast not sure how much boost couldn't get a straight road long enough down WV to check yet but its solid fast or slow no complaints

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Finally got a couple hundred miles on my push turbo with push engine internals and its a beast not sure how much boost couldn't get a straight road long enough down WV to check yet but its solid fast or slow no complaints
what stage did you do? have one of my buggies over at Push now getting the stage II set up with the launch control installed and Tapp clutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would contact MLS powersports they have installed alot of push turbo kits.I purchased a used 2018 custom machine from them with a push turbo.I am running 14 pounds of boost and have had this unit to Royal Blue and Silver Lake Sand Dunes and trail riding in Michigan.Unit is alot of fun and I just added the Tapp clutch and this unit really runs strong at 185 degrees all day long.Had a 2018 stock machine before this one and there is no comparison.I have contacted Ken at Push turbo and he is very helpful.He may not always answer but is one smart fella when it comes to turbos.I would make sure your engine is built before you add any turbo or super charger.Good luck.

·
Administrator
28,097 Posts
I would contact MLS powersports they have installed alot of push turbo kits.I purchased a used 2018 custom machine from them with a push turbo.I am running 14 pounds of boost and have had this unit to Royal Blue and Silver Lake Sand Dunes and trail riding in Michigan.Unit is alot of fun and I just added the Tapp clutch and this unit really runs strong at 185 degrees all day long.Had a 2018 stock machine before this one and there is no comparison.I have contacted Ken at Push turbo and he is very helpful.He may not always answer but is one smart fella when it comes to turbos.I would make sure your engine is built before you add any turbo or super charger.Good luck.
Welcome Bl449, great first post! Hopefully you have harnesses? Harnesses will save your life one day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I have harnesses and thank you.I called Ken at push turbo before buying the tapp clutch from him.It is not cheap but the difference is day and nite from the factory set up.MlS had mine set up more for rock crawling.The tapp clutch is much smoother on take off and grabs the belt like no other.I hit 90 mph and that was enough for this old man and she had more.It grabs the belt at idle until it warms up.I would call Ken at Push.But from my end it was money well spent.Thanks for the reply

21 - 40 of 40 Posts