Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering how many of you are going to wait until the second year of production for the Wildcat before you pull the string?
Thank's to the forum members i have decided to buy the Wildcat and not the XP 900 but i am going to wait for the second round.
Reasons, riding season is going to be over pretty soon out here, the short warranty period, by the time next season starts the warranty will be void!
Will have all summer to save up for stuff!
As much as i hate to my better judgment tells me to wait.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Just was wondering how many of you are going to wait until the second year of production for the Wildcat before you pull the string?
Thank's to the forum members i have decided to buy the Wildcat and not the XP 900 but i am going to wait for the second round.
Reasons, riding season is going to be over pretty soon out here, the short warranty period, by the time next season starts the warranty will be void!
Will have all summer to save up for stuff!
As much as i hate to my better judgment tells me to wait.
Hey of course buy when you are ready, thats never a bad thing. Also maybe you will get a chance to ride and drive them both and that will help you decide. Don't dismiss the XP900 it is a seriously impressive machine. Both have their selling points and maybe you can make a better decision after spending time with each of them.

:)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am still on the fence Ernie. I need to see the results of the Wet Clutch Delete on the Wildcat to be sure that it will work for my needs. I have driven both. They both have their strong points. I am also considering waiting to see what changes may be in store for the 2013 Wildcat. Hell, most companies will be building 2013's in 5-6 months. Its tough to buy a 2012 2 months before the 2013's are out. It crushes your value. Maybe there will be some changes next year for the WC. I doubt they will do much other than fix the first year issues. I guess I am still squarely on the fence. Hopefully Jackrabbit can push me off that fence in 2 weeks. I guess time will tell..............

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i was on the fence so i said f it i will get both and that what did they are going to be a new xp out and i em going to get that one to for my wife to her happy

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you wait until next season, word of a new Polaris model might make you wait another few months, then you'll hear Can-Am has a new model a few months after that, etc etc...The longer you wait the more choices you will have, its just a matter of how long you really want to wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you wait until next season, word of a new Polaris model might make you wait another few months, then you'll hear Can-Am has a new model a few months after that, etc etc...The longer you wait the more choices you will have, its just a matter of how long you really want to wait.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)

Happy

·
Registered
986 Posts
Couldn't agree more, my whole group has decided to enjoy what they have now, 2 of us in Wildcats, quite a few XPs, a few S. We figure about 2 years in machine, and buy the next best thing, because I think the next best thing will be coming pretty quick relatively speaking. Yamaha, Can-Am, Polaris, KTM? Who might it be??? All of the above is my hope :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Life is short, I wanna ride :cool:

That's a true statement there!

I've been waiting since the first Rhino came out, this WC looks like it has the right stuff. Of course something bigger and better always comes out next year.

I bought the 2nd yr of the Duramax hoping to avoid the first yr teething issues. Well it turns out the injectors were the weak point, and they didn't update that until mid 2004. So I'm not all that convinced that mfrs move very swiftly to correct their errors. Sometimes they just try to duck down and pretend they didn't hear about it, even though it's all over the web.

While I do agree that something better eventually comes out, I don't think this machine is going to be obsolete any time soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Since I already have a paid for machine now (RZR S) I can wait and ride now. I am going to wait until July for the 2013 announcements for Can Am, Polaris and Artic Cat I am torn between the XP and Wildcat

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was on the fence, but not anymore. I did get a chance to drive the WC at the AZ demo. Suspention is kick ass on that thing, but I do most of my riding at the dunes, and I need the whole package if I'm going to shell out that kind of money. And I'm not about to spend a thousand+ on just to void the warrenty right out of the box, even if the WCD is the answer.

Guess I'll wait and see what happens next year.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
How do you know? I figured it would be graphic / color changes thats about it
go to glamisdunes.com and go to side by side tech 5 down you will see new polaris rzr announced my polaris dealer say it coming polaris is not go to lay down and play dead

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm with you Steve. Just paid off 1 quad, the 2nd quad will pay off this summer, and the wifes car pays off in Dec. I did a pretty fair amount of comparisons, and finally made up my mind to go with the WC, even though I havent had a chance to test drive one, whereas I have gotten to tool around in an XP, which was pretty cool and a Commander that I wasnt all that impressed with. I also decided to wait and see what kind of issues the WC had, and to give the aftermarket industry time to get some goodies out there for it. So far most issues seem to be fairly minor. Not bad for the 1st run of production. I'm dying to see what Wabbit's WC does on the bigger sand hills in a week or so

1 - 18 of 18 Posts