Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
i tried building a roller setup to go under the stock helix, in the place of the plastic shoes. the roller setup works great, however the coil-bind of the stock spring, inside the helix, makes the helix actually stick open at times, and when it snaps shut, it would blow all 3 rollers out instantly. i never stuck with it, cause after talking to the engineers who build the LP3 secondary, they said even they tried doing a roller setup once and did not like the outcome. the springs, when bound up, actually makes the spring grow in diameter which makes the spring bind up in the secondary. every one of them does it, you can see on every spring the paint missing where the secondary spring binds up in the helix.

building a roller tower around the outside of the existing slider shoes would be the best setup, and work like a champ, BUT the helix is recessed into the inner clutch housing so you dont have the room. i build a little solid block that fit into the slider shoes placement, and held a small UHMW roller, and even tried delrin rollers, but when the secondary coil-binds and the helix snaps shut, kabamm they blew up because running a little dowel pin thru the roller does not give as much surface are as the flat back of the shoe, recessed into the flat back of the clutch gives tone more surface area to displace the load.

the other issue is: the primary. the primary is a roller primary, the weights sling out and hold out under RPM. without a spring in the primary to pull the primary back closed, you are simply relying on the secondary to do all the work, which is something it just cant do on its own. the 35 degree helix, and wicked stiff secondary spring just wont do it. a primary with a spring in it, is all we gotta have. problem is, aint but one primary that will fit in the housing, and there aint but one way to mate it to the crankshaft which leaves us all stuck with a $1000+ bill to fix

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol I am done testing anything new, well there is an exception there! Ehem! It must be copperstatecycle approved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts