Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loading the Wildcat 1000 up on the dyno, we realized an HMF Dual Slip On system would be killer in complimenting this power. We shaved off about 10lbs with the HMF system, and increased 4 horse power with 3 more lbs of torque. With the Swamp and Swamp XL Full systems, we saw similar power gains with the sound levels between 100 and 104 dB.

AC_WILDCAT_12__46.jpg AC_WILDCAT_12__50.jpg AC_WILDCAT_12__74.jpg AC_WILDCAT_12__78.jpg AC_WILDCAT_71.jpg

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Loading the Wildcat 1000 up on the dyno, we realized an HMF Dual Slip On system would be killer in complimenting this power. We shaved off about 10lbs with the HMF system, and increased 4 horse power with 3 more lbs of torque. With the Swamp and Swamp XL Full systems, we saw similar power gains with the sound levels between 100 and 104 dB.

View attachment 22020 View attachment 22021 View attachment 22022 View attachment 22023 View attachment 22024
I would like to see the Dyno charts to support the 4hp/3#torque claim. All to often these statements are made by manufacture's and nothing to validate. Not saying your wrong however I find it hard to believe that an exhaust change only will net these gains with out additional tuning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to see the Dyno charts to support the 4hp/3#torque claim. All to often these statements are made by manufacture's and nothing to validate. Not saying your wrong however I find it hard to believe that an exhaust change only will net these gains with out additional tuning.
Ask, and you shall receive.

We assure you, we don't fudge our numbers. It's not what we do.

View attachment acwildcat.pdf acwildcatdynocharthmf.jpg

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ok fair enough, thanks. I assume this is a standard wildcat test. Any results for the "X"?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess I qualify as an "old fart" ! I do want to replace my stock 2014 1000X muffler. I do not like excessive noise but would like a little performance that would not require other mods to the fuel or clutch etc. A good sound is required. Also some of the aftermarket mufflers I have seen aren't long enough to prevent exhaust gasses from discoloring the rear powder coated bumper. Affordable, around $400 would be nice too. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Performance gains are there, but you may not feel it depending on your style of riding.

IDRV, a lot of us are old farts. Our HMF Swamp Series is only 1-2dB louder than the stock exhaust, and can often be quieter than stock with the Quiet Core inserted. Price point is $399.95. It's a stainless steel shell, so powdercoating options are not available, but this exhaust is our toughest we make

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDRV, tuning is only required on the Trail if you do any air-box modifications. Other than that, the exhaust is the only thing you'll need.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HMF Dual Slip-On

I just got my HMF Dual Slip-On delivered today. Since the P.O.S. factory exhaust cracked. I went with the brushed aluminum and standard turn down end caps. I installed the quiet core inserts and spark arrestors. The rest of my motor and intake are all stock. I am an old fart with kids riding in the back, so I don't want it too loud. However, I also ride a Harley and I know how much better a true dual exhaust on a V-Twin sounds than a single muffler. I do not plan on doing a tune on it or modififying the intake. I will give an update after I get the exhaust on the cat and take it for a test ride. Is anyone else running this setup?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts