Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any luck with other wheel bearing brands? All I see available for the 1000 is OEM and allballs.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
^ Chinese or Jap made?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. My original bearings have 1700 miles on them. So oem isn't junk. I'd just love to match up a set of Timken bearings.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
^^ I like the Jap bearings :cool:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Jap bearings have a good reputation. China/India, maybe so, maybe no. Timken branded automotive stuff is coming out of China now. Germany still makes good stuff.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
The best I have found so far completely sealed and no split in the race. I took a grease needle and added good grease to them. 600 miles on them so far
Probably due to where we ride and tire size, but I have 2700 miles on my stock ones. They are getting loose and I have been researching replacements. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
ZP has 5,000 miles on three corners and about 2500 on the 4th corner :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Duke if you get the Kaw ones dirt and water can get in there and ruin the bearing no matter what company makes them. The wheel bearings I posted from ebay have no way for water and dirt to get in them. I'm not saying they are the best quality I haven't had them long enough to tell. But something to help prolong the life of any wheel bearing you get is to get some good waterproof grease in them. You can use a grease needle or one of the grease tools that people are selling on fb

·
Registered
174 Posts
Machine intergrated sells a tool to grease wheel bearings. I have ordered one for my cat I bought one for my polaris sportsman and greased the bearings. They were almost new and all four sets of bearings took over twenty pumps with a grease gun before grease started to come out. As soon as I get my new tool I will grease the cat's bearings and do that as part of regular maintenance. Your ride is only as good as your preventive maintenance and that is just the truth of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts