Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Wildcat 4 with under 300 miles. When I'm out riding it will throw a code (C1324) and my power steering will stop working. When the code pops up I shut down for a few minutes and restart and the code goes away but I still have no power steering. I found out that the fuse is blowing, any ideas why this happens? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Welcome aboard. I would check for binding as it increases the load a lot on your EPS.

Reactions: Arctic Cat Panther

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is a very common problem. I ended up just buying a small circuit breaker that will fit in the place for the fuse (local auto parts Orielly's) ask for same amperage as the fuse when the problem occurs it will trip the breaker but in 20-30 seconds it will reset itself saves you from buying 150 fuses and removing seat during your ownership of the machine. Option "B" is buy a new electronic steering unit and hope it does not do the same thing as the last ;(... 🙄

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for the hijack, but is there a test procedure? Also, is there an electrical diagram or does the eps use one of the relays under the seat? Maybe we can both benefit on how these things are wired up.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
MPDano, here is a wiring diagram for the '15 X.

I've checked a few wiring details across all years of the 1000 or X and wire colors have never changed. The only differences I've found is for the circuitry supporting the O2 sensor that was added in '15. Ironically, the '15 wiring diagram doesn't have that circuit.

Wiring diagrams and factory service manuals are available to browse or download from countrycat.com. The wiring diagrams typically have all of the Arctic Cat dirt products in one file. I stripped out everything except the X in the file I've included.

Attachments

Reactions: MPDano

·
Registered
11 Posts
MPDano, here is a wiring diagram for the '15 X.

I've checked a few wiring details across all years of the 1000 or X and wire colors have never changed. The only differences I've found is for the circuitry supporting the O2 sensor that was added in '15. Ironically, the '15 wiring diagram doesn't have that circuit.

Wiring diagrams and factory service manuals are available to browse or download from countrycat.com. The wiring diagrams typically have all of the Arctic Cat dirt products in one file. I stripped out everything except the X in the file I've included.
Perfect. I see the relay for the EPS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts