Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know they fit on a stock machine. My question is what mods will I need to do to keep my machine happy running them. I’ve searched to no avail.

Tired of a lack of ground clearance and scrapping the skid over everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
So I know they fit on a stock machine. My question is what mods will I need to do to keep my machine happy running them. I’ve searched to no avail.

Tired of a lack of ground clearance and scrapping the skid over everything.

4" Gear reduction lift (Portal lift) from super atv should bring it back close to stock with the 34" tires

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
You should probably be thinking about a clutch kit too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should probably be thinking about a clutch kit too.
Absolutely. I knew that and was looking for suggestions on which one. I understand leverage and stuff. My type of riding is usually low range trail riding. So I don’t plan to rough house in rocks and break axles and such.

I’m having issue with the wheel base and bottoming out with the wife and kids. My buddy has the 34 inch terminators on 15 inch xd wheels for 425 so I thought it would be perfect if I can run them without destroying my machine.

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Absolutely. I knew that and was looking for suggestions on which one. I understand leverage and stuff. My type of riding is usually low range trail riding. So I don’t plan to rough house in rocks and break axles and such.

I’m having issue with the wheel base and bottoming out with the wife and kids. My buddy has the 34 inch terminators on 15 inch xd wheels for 425 so I thought it would be perfect if I can run them without destroying my machine.

IMO, you'll be breaking axles, drive shafts and potentially more with that big of tires. You're bottoming out because your shocks are not set up properly. You can gain ride height by cranking down on the crossover rings. You need to find a happy medium though, because as you gain height, you will lose plushness. Remember to have either end jacked up, and off the ground so you can take pressure off, so you can turn the rings. Have an equal measurement between each front shocks, and rear shocks.

Look at the Dalton Clutch Kit for your car.

Reactions: Hal001

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your gonna KILL your diffs, tranny, axles. Those tires weigh 65 pounds a piece. If your looking for height do as Hollywood said and maybe look at itp black waters in 34 inch size. At least they 40 pounds. Jmho

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I have a 4X and I run 30’s I don’t bottom out much and I don’t have my shocks cranked up. I plan to do that this week however to help with a few high cent issues but i have not had anything it won’t crawl over easily. I ride outlaw trails in WV so plenty off situations to bottom out and mine has done well. I agree you will be creating more issues than u have now. If you have the new rear axle set up there is not a portal option for those just yet. I run primary and secondary spring kit set up by MLS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bite the bullet and got them. I got them for a steal so if I don’t like them I’ll sell the tires. Wheels were worth what I gave for the setup. Anyhow, called MLS and spoke with some awesome people. Told them what I was planning to run and they gave me all the info I needed to keep my machine alive. Some parts will come when others break. Upgrade instead of replace... Ordered a new secondary spring and helix to run these. Clutch parts should be here Monday.

If I break things then I break things but I’ll definitely be looking badass in the process lmao.

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Bite the bullet and got them. I got them for a steal so if I don’t like them I’ll sell the tires. Wheels were worth what I gave for the setup. Anyhow, called MLS and spoke with some awesome people. Told them what I was planning to run and they gave me all the info I needed to keep my machine alive. Some parts will come when others break. Upgrade instead of replace... Ordered a new secondary spring and helix to run these. Clutch parts should be here Monday.

If I break things then I break things but I’ll definitely be looking badass in the process lmao.

Well, it looks great! Hopefully you won't be tearing stuff up.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Looks awesome. Keep us posted on how it holds up. I would love that portal gear set up if they ever come out with something for the new rear axle design.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The nice thing with the 4" portals is they reduce the gear at the wheel reducing the strain that bigger, heavier tires put on the drivetrain back to stock range therefore protecting all your drivetrain plus the extra ground clearance so it be money well spent in my opinion for running the bigger tires. And you don't have to crank up your shocks and ruin the ride quality. Nice looking ride by the way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice ride. Are you “bottoming out” the suspension or dragging your belly? Spring/shock tuning will fix the first, ground clearance will fix the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The nice thing with the 4" portals is they reduce the gear at the wheel reducing the strain that bigger, heavier tires put on the drivetrain back to stock range therefore protecting all your drivetrain plus the extra ground clearance so it be money well spent in my opinion for running the bigger tires. And you don't have to crank up your shocks and ruin the ride quality. Nice looking ride by the way.
now there is no personal experience here cause I still don't have my machine but I have ridden my brothers 60 inch side by side and I will have to say idea behind portals is nice but making everything wider then 64 inch sucks. I think.

Info from Portal description "Gear Lift will widen your machine by 8" "

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How are the 34’s working out? My RT Warriors seem to be ideal for where I ride.
4 broken belts and I took them off. They weren’t as fun as I thought they would be. Lost all the torque down low. But man were they cool looking. Tons of comments there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts