Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I rewatched this video and at the 22:00 minute mark a dealer talks about how the wildcat climbed sand mountain, and this would have been in a demo unit. The video doesn't actually show the wildcat climbing it, so you can't tell how fast it went up it. I have never been there but if the Wildcat can climb a 700ft mountain it should have more than enough power for me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sure wish the vid would have showen the sand mountain climb....oh well.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
and he said dual throttle bodies

I was down there for that demo and they wouldn't let us go up any hills or go play in the big dunes, but I know the dealers got to the day before

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any dealers on here that can confirm that the cat made it up Sand Mtn???How does Sand Mtn compare to that giant wall in China????

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
i bet it was the north face too if it made it up sand mtn

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have video of it making it up about half way on the the easier north side. They attacked that hill many times with a long run at it. The video is on my flip video and I cant post it here. I haven't felt like putting it on utube either. This was in September when they were testing. I did watch them make it up on Saturday afternoon when I was there. It was after about a 20 minute downpour and a fresh belt. If the conditions are just right, they can make it up on the easy side. But no way will it come close to reaching the half way point going up the "face" of sand mountain. Remember they were blowing belts then, and during "dealer demo" time.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have video of it making it up about half way on the the easier north side. They attacked that hill many times with a long run at it. The video is on my flip video and I cant post it here. I haven't felt like putting it on utube either. This was in September when they were testing. I did watch them make it up on Saturday afternoon when I was there. It was after about a 20 minute downpour and a fresh belt. If the conditions are just right, they can make it up on the easy side. But no way will it come close to reaching the half way point going up the "face" of sand mountain. Remember they were blowing belts then, and during "dealer demo" time.[/QUOTe

i am curious, will the xp make it up to the top?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i can totally see the belts breaking alot on poorly clutched cvt.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I believe it wouldnt climb the face But the valley I wont believe it only went half way..Give me a month and I will let you know.
My buddy just picked his new xp4 so im sure I will make it down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts