Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol bite me old man! I don't have an accent I wonder who that can be in the video.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
yep, i chuckled a bit listening to that drawel. it looks real easy to do. , what i wanna know is why didnt arctic cat do this to begin with? what are the advantages of the wet clutch? they already have a slip clutch in the rear differential to handle the shock load.
with the new primary, is it adjustable like the rzr type? for changes needed for any mod or performance enhancers? turbo, pipe, ecm etc.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
now airdam is the man em from al.i talk with a drawel do i sound like that if that funny i will show you funny

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
yep, i chuckled a bit listening to that drawel. it looks real easy to do. , what i wanna know is why didnt arctic cat do this to begin with? what are the advantages of the wet clutch? they already have a slip clutch in the rear differential to handle the shock load.
with the new primary, is it adjustable like the rzr type? for changes needed for any mod or performance enhancers? turbo, pipe, ecm etc.
This is like asking Ford why they didn't put an external water pump on their engine like Chevy did. There are many ways to skin a cat and Arctic Cat has their way of doing things.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
now airdam is the man em from al.i talk with a drawel do i sound like that if that funny i will show you funny
Hell, You type with a drawel. I'm fom GA and have a hard time reading you sometimes. Its all good though, we don't sound funny. They Do!:D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Damn, not fast enough tonight.:pat:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats a great video of the process!
My question is, Does it seem like it could be a major ordeal to change a belt in the field? I do realize changing a belt on anything in the feild is going to suck, but that seemed like tow me back to the trailer suck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats a great video of the process!
My question is, Does it seem like it could be a major ordeal to change a belt in the field? I do realize changing a belt on anything in the feild is going to suck, but that seemed like tow me back to the trailer suck!
Actually it looks pretty easy to do in the field to me. Easier than the belt on my KFX 700, and been there done that. Just need to keep an impact in the tool kit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Actually it look pretty easy to do in the field to me. Easier than the belt on my KFX 700, and been there done that. Just need to keep an impact in the tool kit.
Ya thats true I carry @ 70 lbs of tools in my rock crawler, just would prefer not to do that in a SxS!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adam said he can make clutch adjustments in about 15 minutes. I asked him how long it would take me he said at least 30. Strange, he seems to know me;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts