Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from a reliable source that Arctic Cat was putting a hault on the release of any more Wildcats until the clutch issue is solved...

Has anybody heard anything like this? Or anyone have any input? Are the dealers still able to receive more Wildcats ?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
What's your definition of a reliable source?

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I was at the dealer where I bought mine last night. I talked to sales, service and parts. They said they are expecting another shipment of wildcats very soon. I think they would know if there was a recall. I did lose my plug. They gave me one from they demo and said they will be informing arctic cat that they have been falling out.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i heard the same thing! and ...dual throttle bodies and 95hp. better tires, sharper turning radius and adjustable seats, harness bar and....wait for it.....TURBO!:p

JUST TEASING,, but like they say online, no pics? then it didnt happen.
i will poop a golden brick if this really happens. i have heard so many rumors, i fail to believe it till it happens.

·
Registered
686 Posts
there is no clutch recall. in arctic cats eyes there is no problem. just because the "stock" clutch calibration does not fit "your" particular riding style does not mean that arctic cat is going to hault production to "fix" a "problem"

the machines run and drive great in almost every condition other than super aggressive duning. your average joe that wants to drive his machine casually or run open desert or trails or climb mountains is gonna be super pleased already. the more aggressive duners are the only ones that are not uber happy with the clutch setup, and since the duners are usually the ones with the most money, they seem to scream the loudest but i can assure you there is nothing particularly wrong with the OEM setup that would hault production.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
i was at the dealer where i bought mine last night. I talked to sales, service and parts. They said they are expecting another shipment of wildcats very soon. I think they would know if there was a recall. I did lose my plug. They gave me one from they demo and said they will be informing arctic cat that they have been falling out.
the plug is rubber. Just add some silicone.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
the plug is rubber. Just add some silicone.
Yes that's what I plan to do but old one was lost. I messed with it when I first got it and the plug seemed tight, I didn't think mine was going to fall out. It lasted till around 50 miles. I was glad they gave me one free as they should nut I deal with warranty BS all the time in my job.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe the thread starter works at Pro Armor? Pretty big name in the UTV market and I dont know why he would post this unless he really heard something...hmm

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i heard lots of rumors, salesmen get told by other salemen, who are salesmen! HELLO! remember, a golden brick is on the line here. arctic cat already knew it wouldnt backshift when they built it. made a decision then to live with it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I am 20 percent certain that I can say with 90 percent authority there is no spoon.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wonder when the 2013's will be out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
2013 Dealer Meeting will be the end of summer. Clutching most likely won't change.
What elevation are you most often driving at? Horsepower and drivetrain are developed at near sea-level in Thief River. At my dealership, at 6,800 feet, I'm down almost 17% of claimed horsepower, most days. 1 of 7 customers is dissatisfied with the clutching. As a dealer, I'm going to co-op a set of Airdam clutches, to test the water' and see if this is part of a performance package I can sell with my Wildcats.

-Tyrell

Arctic Cat, Polaris, Wells Cargo - trailers, ATVs, snowmobiles - K-MOTIVE & SPORTS Green River, WY 1-800-967-1474

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with Adam. These machines work very well for 90 percent of the buyers. It's the hardcore types that want more, it does not mean the machine is bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts