Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually keep my Wildcat in a heated garage for the winter but I'm thinking of storing it in my toy hauler now to free up a bay in my garage. It would be nice to actually be able to park my truck in the garage for once.

I'm thinking I should pull the battery and add some fuel stabilizer, maybe drain the gas tank??? I don't want to fill it in case it vents out. I'll check out the freeze temp of the coolant, don't really trust those squeeze bulb things lol. Anything else I should do, or any problems freezing might cause??? It gets down to -30 C sometimes.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
since 2005 we have kept our 3 trv atv's and 3 wildcat sxs's in outside unheated sheds at 9400' above sea level in a not so balmy area of central colorado...the only thing done was to keep sta-bil in the gas tank and cans in the sheds...up until 2010 i was replacing the batteries on our trv atv's every couple of years at best...with our 2010 trv which we still have i started using a battery tender plus trickle charger on the trv and 2 traded in wildcat trails and current wildcat xx...the 2010 trv and all our wildcats have resulted in zero battery replacements...we still have the 2010 trv for snow plowing and it has never not started and runs perfectly...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dean, I think I'll pull the battery and add stabilizer to the fuel. I can really use an extra bay in my garage, it's so full it started spilling into my dining room, spare bedroom, office and downstairs storage room, it's out of control lol.

Sean

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had to store my Trail and 1000 in the box trailer over winter. They came out fine and started right up.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Thanks Dean, I think I'll pull the battery and add stabilizer to the fuel. I can really use an extra bay in my garage, it's so full it started spilling into my dining room, spare bedroom, office and downstairs storage room, it's out of control lol.

Sean
if you pull the battery i would still use a trickle charger on it to maintain it during the winter...

Reactions: roylohr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2016 Sport and has been stored in an unconditioned space winter and summer, ever since we bought it in 2016. It has never had a problem other than the battery. In our case we are located in northern Maine and don’t have electricity in the building it’s being stored in. As others have mentioned, I pull the battery and put it on a battery tender. We have access to ethanol free fuel, so usually put a stabilizer in it. Once the snow starts falling, we loose access to our property, so more than once it was stored without the fuel stabilizer. It has always started once the battery goes back in it come spring time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts