Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
That was very informitive. So it has a Virable assits steering box. Which BTW would cost you $1,200 if you have a RZR and want the factory unit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not just variable, its intelligent. Its watching your input torque and the torque coming from the front wheels and engine RPM.
I don't think there is anything like this in the UTV market.
I cant tell you it works fantastic, and its not soemthing you think about at all.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Redman,
Didn't realize that about it. I know the Polaris unit is speed sensitive and variable. But it sounds like the Wildcat unit is more than that? That is kool!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Interesting to say the least. It's taking feedback both from the operator and the terrain. That would indeed be a smart system. Dog

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting to say the least. It's taking feedback both from the operator and the terrain. That would indeed be a smart system. Dog
Now, if they would just add an external adjustment of some sort to allow you to reduce the "assist" from the power steering to allow you get get more feedback from what the front end is doing...
:cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
To me you could hardly tell the power assist was working. Another thing I noticed was that from lock to lock was very short so you shouldnt have to turn the wheel much. I liked that. The rzr you have to turn the wheel a couple times lock to lock.

·
Registered
263 Posts
To me you could hardly tell the power assist was working. Another thing I noticed was that from lock to lock was very short so you shouldnt have to turn the wheel much. I liked that. The rzr you have to turn the wheel a couple times lock to lock.
You could drive one-handed on the two of them that I drove with no real feedback from the front end.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh yea, I could drive one handed and it didnt steer heavy but it wasnt overly assisting with too much power. Maybe the aftermarket will come out with something for those like you who would want it turned down alittle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts