Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I´m new in this forum, and also new to the utv world.

I´m from Chile, and looking forward to the release of this new UTV. As you know, and if you dont know now you will, Chile is part of the DAKAR, a really serious rally race, and this year some UTVs will be racing in the T3 class. Last weekend we had a National race called the BAJA ATACAMA, who took place in the Atacama desert, in that race, for the first time, the UTVs did a great race, three commanders, and a couple of RZRs from polaris.

Looking to this new Arctic Cat utv, I started to wonder if this buggie will be capable of take a serious beating in one of the most challenging desert race in the world. I tried to look in the web for accesories and other stuff for the Wildcat, but did not found too many info about it.

What you guys think? Will the WILDCAT, with a capable driver (in this case me... ) be able to fight hand to hand with the commanders and the rzrs?

One of the examples of drivers we have here is the one who won the Maruc Rallye, in a Commander... im friend with this guy, and i think that in a well prepared UTV, I can take this commander, but the thing is, will the WILDCAT hold up to this challenge??????

Any interesting information will be well received.

Thanks for listening.

Zorro

·
Registered
791 Posts
Zorro,
I would say that the Wildcat should do pretty good. Now I am also sure that you are going to have to drive it and find out what breaks and then fix those things. In the rough stuff the Wildcat will out run the Commander and the RZR unless they have had SERIOUS work done to their suspension. Give the aftermarket 6 months once the Wildcat is released and I am sure you will see tons of stuff for it in the aftermarket. I know of at least one dealership that is planning on taking a Wildcat STOCK down to the BAJA 1000 and race it just to see how it does.

Hope that helps a little. We are all very excited about the release of the Wildcat and most of us can't wait. If you would like to see some more pictures of them here are the ones I took at the Winchester Bay demo last weekend.
Wildcat pictures by wildman4x4nut - Photobucket

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
There is no way to know ahead of time if it will "hold up" but since it has such far superior suspension there is no reason to believe it won't. The machine itself will take much less of a beating because of its suspension, and so will the driver (you)and allow you to go faster in every circumstance that the terrain is rough. I would not want to be competing against it in a long desert race if I were in a Commander or a RZR.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
welcome to the forum!!

now keep in mind no one ownes one yet. all that has been done at this time is CONSUMER test rides by arctic cat. but from what everyone that has rhode one of these has been saying. is that the rzr seem to be faster 0-30 but would not handle near what the wildcat handle's as far as suspension. also there is a post of the wildcat actually crashed and did not look to be damaged as bad as it could have been. with all that being said you cant count on anything yet until someone gets one and starts riding the crap out of it . i think no matter what the xp and the wildcat will most likely be on top at this point but only time will tell.

WARNING THE VIEWS AND OPINION EXPRESSED FROM MY POST DOES NOT REFLECT ARCTIC CAT OR OTHERS ON FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really dig the Wildcat, it has the racer look that the commander lacks and the RZR should have had.

The guys that will be taking the stock Wildcat to the Baja 1000, its gonna be the Baja 1000 this month?????? thats gonna be an impressive review, i hope everything goes well, i went to Baja last year, did the chase to a couple of friends who were racing a class 5/1600, its a pretty tough terrain, and a really long race.

As I told you, im looking this buggie with racer eyes, the small problems, shouldnt be problems at all, im a mechanical engineering, being on the offroad world for the last 12 years, done almost everything, from baja races to rockcrawling, now I´m selling my Jeep so i can put my hands on a Wildcat in January, thats the month the dealer here in Chile told me they would have the UTV.

The concerns i have about this buggie, is if it is well constructed, or its gonna fell apart in the first couple of (really hard) miles.

If it is as good as it looks like, maybe you will be seeing a lot of pictures of a racing Wildcat here in Chile, and who knows, maybe if the Arctic Cat people is interested, you could see it fighting hand to hand with the commanders and the RZRs in the dakar, but for the 2013 Dakar. (Do you know that race? i think in America you dont follow much the Dakar)

ANY information is welcome, and I´m really happy for the welcome in the forum. If i can help any of you in anyway, please, just ask.

Zorro

·
Registered
791 Posts
Zorro,
They pounded pretty hard on the Wildcats at Barstow and from what some people said they didn't have any issues with them. And no that dealer is talking about the Baja 1000 next year. They are not getting an early release or anything. I spent a few years in Europe so yes I do follow the Dakar races some.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I wouldn't fear commander, rzr xp maybe. The commander is a nice looking machine but it's heavy and the suspension is garbage comparatively. There is a group of guys next door to me that buys everything the day it comes out or before. They all had commander x 1000s before almost anyone else. 6 months later they had broken them so many times (they don't ride that hard, semi hard at best) that they were back in polaris and now still in decked out xps. They will have wildcats as soon as they hit, so we will see how that goes. Overall I'm with Donkey, xp and wildcat (pending) will be the top 2.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
deposit can be made now at your dealer. the way it works is first deposit down gets the first one and so forth. now they are saying we the dealers should start seeing them first of the year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing is that im really far away from a dealer (at least in the United States), i dont know how it works here, but I think if you have the cat in january next year, here would arrive a couple of months later. Im planning on buying it from sombody willing to ship it to CHILE as soon as its on sale.

Zorro

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do you have a dealer here in the USA that you have delt with before. There are a few dealers here on the forum, maybe one of them would ship one for you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No man, first time in the UTV world, im a noob so i dont know anybody here... I used to deal with other kind of dealers, in the rockcrawling world and other brands.

But at least i have a couple of months to learn and get to know other Wildcat fans.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
No man, first time in the UTV world, im a noob so i dont know anybody here... I used to deal with other kind of dealers, in the rockcrawling world and other brands.

But at least i have a couple of months to learn and get to know other Wildcat fans.
Yes but we are telling you that some members that post ARE dealers, maybe you can get with them on here.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Donkey can you help? How about you CopperState? Any export buisness for you guys? Not trying to put any of you here on the spot just wondering if you can help Zorro out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts