Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day!

I would like to discuss a new topic,your predictions and expectations on motor power Wildcat may have some sort of leakage of information on this?
What is the optimum engine power do you think should be on UTV.

P.S. I am sorry for my bad english.
:eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOTS of HP.... 95 HP stock...I can't wait to see what some of the folks in here do once they get their hands on this machine....some are claiming double the HP with a turbo kit....not sure what the potential is for the power plant or what mods to the other components will need to be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where are you getting the HP numbers are they just guesses? All I have read is the displacement but I know nothing about AC do they have this motor in something else that has a published HP rating?

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
The top of that info says this

NOTE all information pertaining to the newly announced 2012 Arctic cat wildcat is not given from arctic cat Corporation. It is a presumed statement
But I hope it is correct. I own a Polaris but I love the fact someone else is challenging for top spot it will make for better machines to come I am not brand loyal and would love to see some of the Japanese company's step up to the plate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
95hp is certainly not out of reach at the crank for a 1000cc engine, in fact its pretty much the standard for motorcycles that you';ll get 100HP out of 1000cc, but you have to count on de-tuning this motor for torque and so 95 seems top end.

One thing affecting this too is how you put it down, the mentioned fully locked (diff?) mode is it the rear axle or the whole 4 whels because if its just the rear and you have 95HP and a rear mount engine you should be able to do this like the 900cc+ Muzzy Teryx's.

Sand Off-roading Vehicle Natural environment All-terrain vehicle Sand Off-road racing Desert racing Vehicle Natural environment

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with SXS machine. I have been sand duning for quite some time now. Playing in the sand takes tourq and horsepower. The more you have the more fun you can have in the dunes. Another very important factor is weight. In the sand lighter is better. The last component is how you lay the power down. CVC is what I expect. And CVC is great however they soak op the tourq and horse power like a spunge especially in the sand. If this buggy weighs in at 1,400 lb and has at least 90 horse and still packs a fair amount of tourq it shold be alot of fun for begining sand dunners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Crank! The wheels would be an unthinkably over-revving V-twin for the amount of weight it has to push about (and therefore lose) before it gets there even static on the dyno. But yes it will be all about how it plants it. The weight distribution as to whether it can keep all 4 wheels turning at "optimal" traction (Not necessarily flat out as anti-slip now shows), whether it can pull some bigger tyres than the Polaris will be one point of Key difference in almost every environment, be that wider or taller or both.

Given the rave on the previous Arctic Cat motor I'm expecting this one to score very highly with the judges and given no release from Kawasaki or Can-Am a year of domination in stock classes if they are about in the States.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts