Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question for those who have their cats already. I have noticed in a few vids that the wildcat seems to "push" in the corners. It doesn't look like it like to slide the rear end too much. Is this true? How would you describe the way it handles? Does it have a lot of body roll in the corners? Do you think the sway bar in the rear prevents the cat from sliding too much? What say you???

·
Registered
986 Posts
It will body roll, but you can severely limit it with the shocks, I turned my spring preload down to sag the front end down more, and turned my compression to 4 clicks up from Soft, this all but eliminated the roll. It will slide corners, but it takes some getting used to, with the long wheelbase and relatively overall weight, you have to actually plan your corner a bit, and really commit by slamming the throttle, but if you mess up don't count on the brakes. It will take an hour or 2 to get good at this, it's not just jump in and go hard.

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Definitely has more body roll than I'm used to in a UTV, probably due in large part to the fact that there is a lot more suspension than I'm used to in a UTV. Once I got used to it I hammered it into corners with no issue. Brakes look like they belong on a Briggs and Stratton powered Go-kart you see at Orielly's Auto parts, but I don't remember thinking anything about them while driving, so that tells me they worked fine for me.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can tell you that some of the push or under steer is from the tires most likely. I know on my XTZ with Big Horn tires it pushed like crazy. I went to a ITP Baja cross and then a Maxxis Cerros and the majority of the push went away. The Baja Cross tires were my favorite for durability and handling but they were just to heavy. I found a compromise in the Maxxis Cerros which are a 6 ply radial tire and in the middle of the pack when it comes to weight. I have not driven a set of the new tires that come on the factory Wildcat but I would bet they are part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Stock Tires Suck plane & Simple My Pit Bulls Help Alot With That Roll Feeling

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks for the info. I was a little worried about the "push" factor. I like to slide around the dunes and desert. Didn't want to mess up the suspension trying to get it to slide better.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Pretty much what everyone else said. Aftet adjusting the shocks I have zero issues getting her completely sideways. Take your time get the shocks performing and then have some fun.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
it weighs 1300 plus pounds, its gonna push. having to hp to turn it with the rear end, priceless. thats whats turbo's for. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts