Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to see 2 Wildcats in action this last weekend. Little Sahara Utah. Arctic Cat was there with a black one and a green one doing some extensive testing.
Both machines were wired up like robots checking all vital signs. Very impressive on there part. What a machine, suspension was incredible.
Thanks to Chris, Adam, and Jared for letting me bug them for three days. Now I really want one!!!
Here's a couple of pics.:cool: P1020016.jpg P1020025.jpg P1020024.jpg

·
Banned
441 Posts
Looks bad a$$ with paddles on it.Just what it was built for.Pull off at least the front fenders add smothies in the front + a lil H/P!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Out standing....some new pic's and a little bit of info!! Nice to hear that the cat was hammering!!
Thanks for the pic's and the report, Suzuki6 !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Answers the paddle tire availability and wheel choice question.Great that you noticed,nice work:D

My thoughts exactly! Awesome pics!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Looks bad a$$ with paddles on it.Just what it was built for.Pull off at least the front fenders add smothies in the front + a lil H/P!!!!:cool:
Why would you pull of the already cut front fenders? What purpose would that serve?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couple other things I noticed:
Air intake follows the "tunnel" between the passengers and enters the air box near the top of the "tunnel".
Wheelbase is actually 95" not 90" as shown in the specs.
Seats are very comfortable, height feels great. (I begged to sit in one).
Both colors look good.
They added a black panel on the green one just below the "Arctic Cat", helped it a lot!
Here's a better pic of the black one: P1020022.jpg

·
Registered
945 Posts
The more I see this machine, the more excited I get !!!!! Can't wait for it to hit the market !!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Seats are very comfortable, height feels great. (I begged to sit in one)."

Yes I did beg, and they did let me sit in one for a moment.
As stated above it was very comfortable.
Really liked the half door, the curve in the door fit well, and the seat wrapped around nicely.
Look how good the green one looks with the lower panel painted black. P1020021.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
The big question is, Did they climb any of the big hills? I would like to see how they did going up the fingers on the steep side of Sand Mountain. If that thing ripped up the steep side and caught air at the top I would have my deposit in on it right now. I wish I could have known they were down there. I would have been worth the 5 hour drive just to see them in action.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You must be talking about a 600+ HP Buggy. That's the only thing I've seen do that!!
I did see a big bore/turbo Razr S go up the face but not the fingers. He did pretty good.
The sand conditions were as dry and loose as you get out here.
No doubt us sand guys will be looking for more power on the Wildcat.
Just hope the aftermarket guys come up with some good mods soon, and the rest of the machine can handle it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i will have top of the line high performance clutch options available for them before anything else is available. the engine is supposed to make some silly power, it will be up to the clutch to get it to the ground. i have dealt with arctic cats for 3 years now, and they leave ALOT on the table as far as performance. i will get these things screaming in no time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You must be talking about a 600+ HP Buggy. That's the only thing I've seen do that!!
I did see a big bore/turbo Razr S go up the face but not the fingers. He did pretty good.
The sand conditions were as dry and loose as you get out here.
No doubt us sand guys will be looking for more power on the Wildcat.
Just hope the aftermarket guys come up with some good mods soon, and the rest of the machine can handle it.
A well tuned turbo RZR 800 will make it up the steep fingers side if conditions are right. A turbo XP with the right paddles will climb it no problem. I have heard good things about the power plant in the Wildcat. Just want to know how good this thing will perform out of the box.

·
Registered
945 Posts
i will have top of the line high performance clutch options available for them before anything else is available. the engine is supposed to make some silly power, it will be up to the clutch to get it to the ground. i have dealt with arctic cats for 3 years now, and they leave ALOT on the table as far as performance. i will get these things screaming in no time.
Adam.....I know that there were issues with the wet clutch delete that you came up with for the 1000 XTZ.....what do you have up your sleeve for this monster?????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts