·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wattedge light bars w/ 5 year limited warranty
7" $150.00
12" $250.00
30" $550.00

All prices do not include shipping call for price!!!!!!!!1-918-682-5288 ask for Brian

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'd really like to see comparable specs on WattEdge light and the Rigid E-Series light before I decide.

Brand,...... Width, LED Count, Wattage, AMP Draw, Lumens, Lux @ 10m, Beam Distance, Peak Beam Intensity, Light Color, Weight,... Price
Rigid, .......31 3/8"..... 60........ 127.5........ 8.85..... 11,850...... 3,415....... 1,168.8 m........ 341,500 cd...............?........ 8.85 lbs..$999.99
WattEdge. 31 1/2"..... 60........ 180............16............?..............?................?....................?....................6,000K.......?.........$525.00

In particular, I'm curious why the WattEdge draws almost twice the current.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'd really like to see comparable specs on WattEdge light and the Rigid E-Series light before I decide.

Brand,...... Width, LED Count, Wattage, AMP Draw, Lumens, Lux @ 10m, Beam Distance, Peak Beam Intensity, Light Color, Weight,... Price
Rigid, .......31 3/8"..... 60........ 127.5........ 8.85..... 11,850...... 3,415....... 1,168.8 m........ 341,500 cd...............?........ 8.85 lbs..$999.99
WattEdge. 31 1/2"..... 60........ 180............16............?..............?................?....................?....................6,000K.......?.........$525.00

In particular, I'm curious why the WattEdge draws almost twice the current.
Current Draw is simple, its Watts/Voltage so 180/12 = 15 Amps, 127.5/12 = 10.625 Amps, mine in the box was 11 lbs with box and packing, so I am guessing 9ish lbs (although my Rigid light has a slightly thicker housing, so technically it should be lighter)?? Average Lumen output for LED lighting is 80-120 Lumens per watt, not sure who/how you measure that or with what??? I don't know what a Lux is measuring or who/how/what to measure that with. Beam distance is hard to measure to as how can you tell where the light truly stops illuminating things. I have some pics of my 30" on our MX track. I will see if I can find them. That's all I know (5 years on the lightbulb isle in Home Depot ftl) :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
HIDs
CompareHID.jpg

30" LED
compareLED.jpg

Keep in mind the actual light intensity will not have that much glare as that is shot in pitch dark so the camera pulls in a ton of light up close overexposing the foreground.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Current Draw is simple, its Watts/Voltage so 180/12 = 15 Amps, 127.5/12 = 10.625 Amps, mine in the box was 11 lbs with box and packing, so I am guessing 9ish lbs (although my Rigid light has a slightly thicker housing, so technically it should be lighter)?? Average Lumen output for LED lighting is 80-120 Lumens per watt, not sure who/how you measure that or with what??? I don't know what a Lux is measuring or who/how/what to measure that with. Beam distance is hard to measure to as how can you tell where the light truly stops illuminating things. I have some pics of my 30" on our MX track. I will see if I can find them. That's all I know (5 years on the lightbulb isle in Home Depot ftl) :)
I understand the formulas for current, but do the specs indicate that the WattEdge provides nearly twice the light, or is it half as efficient, or some combination of the two?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I understand the formulas for current, but do the specs indicate that the WattEdge provides nearly twice the light, or is it half as efficient, or some combination of the two?
I don't know that answer. I have a friend running a 30" Rigid, and then 4 of us running 30" Wattedge. Next time I ride with the friend with the Rigid, I will compare the light output and let you know. It appears that Rigid LEDs use less power per bulb if they truly draw only 127.5W, that means their LEDs are 2.125 Watt LEDs. There can be difference in LED technology I guess???? The claimed light output for LEDs is roughly 80-120 Lumens / Watt. So by that math, Wattedge puts out more light. I will try to verify in the next 3 or 4 weeks. I know Rigid appears to have more reflector, but I do know that a 12" Wattedge vs my 12" Rigid is hard to see a difference. I want to think the Wattedge is slightly more light output, but it's hard to tell based on how high they are pointed, etc, so I won't swear to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered a 30" WattEdge and a 12". Got them both for less than I'd payed for just a 30" Rigid. Was about to pull the trigger on the rigid as I had one on my 2011 RzR S I just sold and it was nice. From the looks this WattEdge performs similar at half the cost! Once I get them I'll compare them to my Rigid.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Please let us know how they compair as I am sure there are a lot of folks who would like to know.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a 12" rigid and a 30" Wattedge. The rigid to me is slightly cooler looking, but the Wattedge is very solid and the light is amazing. I'm pleased with both, but the Wattedge price was more appealing than the slightly "cooler" look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts