Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Friday our dealership and customers got a chance to ride the wildcat at horse shoe resort. I noticed a video in the HP thread and instead of hijacking thought I would start a new one. To comment on the video it must have been from Sunday. Because when we showed up Friday we had a fresh 3" or so of snow. Our group was also the first run of the weekend so our whole ride aprox. 30min was in fresh snow.
My first impression and commented on this site many times was power was way down. It was clear it was detuned. Having driven an xtz before I know it wasn't even on par to that. Having accepted that these were detuned units the next focus was the suspension. Having seen alot of videos of these in desert conditions it was nice to try them in the bush and some areas tight. Having fresh snow added more to the test as some rocks and logs were covered. As a group we flew through the course with ease. It soaks up bumps like nothing else and it handled our wooded trails perfect.
With luck for us our ride got broke up into 2 time slots. Our next round of testing was at 3pm with more customers. By then the sun had been out and turned the course to mud. Thats where the fun began. To comment more on the video in the HP thread it looked like the riders were getting covered. The reason why would be wind. When driving with no wind they put out a pretty high roost but never got nothing on us, but once we got a cross wind you would get wet. I believe the optional fender flares will help out more. Our afternoon ride was the last one of the day and we covered more distance. There were mud holes, slick trails, fallen tress, rocks and many ruts. Our guide for the run was using an atv this time. when following him and seeing him being tossed around you would brace yourself only to feel nothing. It was a blast.
I have always been a snowmobiler, although I enjoy atving it never gave me the fun factor of snowmobiling until riding the new wildcat. We were a little concerned how it would handle ontario terrain. Now that we road them, that concern is all gone.
I wish Arctic cat would do more of these rides as salesman it makes my job easier because one ride and you are sold.
100_5286.jpg 100_5287.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the quote in the HP thread from go riding?

Like I said these units are detuned. On the best straight away we got close to 60mph. The only way those numbers are correct is from a passengers point of view. I offered to be a passenger on one run and will never do that again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes I was referring to the "1000cc, 98 hp, top speed over 86mph..." from GoRiding.

I rode passenger once in my prowler XTZ lol.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent write up!!! Thank you for the info. I am all smiles seeing the WC in the snow and happy to hear that it worked very well on the "Northern" trails!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts