Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he is what I want to know. ? as soon as polaris said thay had the 900xp I saw one at glamis the next day and thay were showing us that it was the real deal. I need to make a trade. with that said still haven't seen a wildcat and I'm playing 3 days a week at the sand capital of the U.S. ??? so dose it have any power? I won't buy it till I see it race the hill next to 900xp . I'm geussing now it's under powered if artic cat don't have the balls to bring it out and show us. the Can-am boys were out there and told me to wait that for 2012 thay have the new sport commander that will be faster and more travel than the 900xp. so whats the deal? artic cat are you going to bring out that pussycat cuz thats what I'm calling it untill you prove it's worth a shxx ( pussycat 1000 ) sounds kinda guy . P.S. I'm the long haired guy missing arm and leg .

·
Registered
285 Posts
We've already seen a video of an XP trying to race a Wildcat and ended up backing down on a long dune hill climb. Lol!

·
Registered
986 Posts
We've already seen a video of an XP trying to race a Wildcat and ended up backing down on a long dune hill climb. Lol!
Not exactly, the XP just turns off for no good reason, besides, it's pretty well confirmed all over that the XP is faster in a straight drag race. The wildcat shines more in its suspension, not its power.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dunecowboy,
If your looking for the end all SXS your out of luck. The Wildcat doesn't have the power but it does have the suspension. Now it depends which camp you pitch your tent in. If you feel it is going to be easier to get some more power out of the engine but want a suspension that works then the Wildcat works for you. If your in the camp that has to have the biggest badest most powerful machine on the beach even if it gets high centered on a speed bump then the Wildcat most likely isn't for you.

I feel the engine can be worked around. Am I unhappy that it doesn't have more power? You betya skippy but it isn't a deal breaker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
andrew buck (buckshotracing) had his new mini truck out at glamis gave me a ride and was showing everyone what it could do. why cuz he wants to sell cars it's not even for sale on his web site yet. I'm not saying the wild cat not an evprovment in side by sides (travel ) but somthing smealls fishy I'm not bailing from my rzr4 back to a 2 seater if it's under powered. 17,000 is a lot of cash and if your going to ask it and show pics of it in the dunes you beter get them in the hands of those that are going to use them in the dunes like I said polaris had 4 xp in glamis the day thay went on sale. racing tubo rzrs the hill. where are the pussy cats. why should I not stay with polaris ??? see where I'm going

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nope I don't see where your going................................................If you have a RZR4 then you must have a reason for needing 4 seats? They why even look at a Wildcat? I just got done driving a Wildcat on the dunes and I was happy with it. I know it isn't everything I want but neither is the Xp or the S. And I like the suspension setup on the Wildcat more. If your looking for reasons not to buy the Wildcat go read all the love mail on the RZR forum.

Reactions: Kratos

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't need 4 seater it was just the cool utv to buy that year. I guess the xp is the coolest utv to buy . cuz this pussy cat must be a gost or like bigfoot .

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah I guess if they don't go to Glamis the Wildcat is a just a POS.
Clearly it coudn't have performed at all for me at Little Sahara last weekend, because, well its not Glamis.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dune,
So you base your purchases on which SXS is the KOOL one that year? That doesn't say much.............and why would you be driving a XP4? Wouldn't that be info you would want to share over on the RZR forum? Most folks here are lloking for the Wildcat not a XP2 or 4.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How in the world can you guys act so product loyal when none of you even own a Wildcat---And 99% of you have never driven or even seen one---It's laughable---The reason people chime in here is because they think they'll get some valid info about a new product---In So Cal we are always looking for the best out of the box sport machine for the dunes---I like so many others am sooooooooooooo disappointed in the way AC has handled this---------I think the deal breaker will be customer service, (on warranties) and parts availability---Popo has sold so many of these things that there are parts readily available just about anywhere you go-----How many dealerships does AC have in the southwest?????????---Just saying.

Happy

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
How in the world can you guys act so product loyal when none of you even own a Wildcat---And 99% of you have never driven or even seen one---It's laughable---The reason people chime in here is because they think they'll get some valid info about a new product---In So Cal we are always looking for the best out of the box sport machine for the dunes---I like so many others am sooooooooooooo disappointed in the way AC has handled this---------I think the deal breaker will be customer service, (on warranties) and parts availability---Popo has sold so many of these things that there are parts readily available just about anywhere you go-----How many dealerships does AC have in the southwest?????????---Just saying.

Happy
I Do All Paid For So I Do Own One & Have Drove One :cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well I can chime in here - I have owned 2 rzrs and will be owning a Wildcat. Talk about brand loyalty - the RZR site is full of them. If you can't acknowledge all the issues the RZR has had (name a model and I can create an extensive list of issues by year) then you will never see beyond the tip of your nose.

However, I love my RZRS it is time to move on, even though all my buds have Rzr s and XPs. I owned a RZR when everyone had Rhinos. There is no denying the torque of a Vtwin > horizontal. I think the lawyers made engineering detune the Wildcat by dropping from 2 Throttle bodies to one but it still has the suspension and is not left in the dust by a XP.

Consider the bed, tube chassis, location of radiator, power steering and doors from the factory, seats with slots for harnesses and you have one great platform in which to build on

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
andrew buck (buckshotracing) had his new mini truck out at glamis gave me a ride and was showing everyone what it could do. why cuz he wants to sell cars it's not even for sale on his web site yet. I'm not saying the wild cat not an evprovment in side by sides (travel ) but somthing smealls fishy I'm not bailing from my rzr4 back to a 2 seater if it's under powered. 17,000 is a lot of cash and if your going to ask it and show pics of it in the dunes you beter get them in the hands of those that are going to use them in the dunes like I said polaris had 4 xp in glamis the day thay went on sale. racing tubo rzrs the hill. where are the pussy cats. why should I not stay with polaris ??? see where I'm going
Underpowered is quite a stretch, 78 horses (if that turns out to be the final number) is not a small amount. If you are saying that the Wildcat is underpowered at 78 horses then what does that mean for your RZR4 at 59 horsepower? Needs another hamster in the wheel, or do you have to wind up the rubber bands before attempting to make any hills? From watching UTV racing it seems the RZR4 somehow manages to be competitive against Commanders and XP's that are much more powerful. Explain that.

As for your comment about the Wildcat being called the Pussycat, I will agree with you. The cool factor (which you mentioned as important, thats why you bought your RZR4 why change now?) of the overall package is sure to get much more pussy than any run of the mill Polaris. Last time I checked women like a nice ride, LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts

Happy
Brand loyal????
I don't own a Polaris or a Arctic Cat. Right now I own a Honda & a Yamaha. If none of us have never seen nor driven a Wildcat how can any of us offer valid info about the Wildcat? I guess we can't but we can talk about a rig we all like and think is worth owning. And I am glad I don't have to follow everything people in SO CAL do. I am my own person so I can do as I please. And just so I am clear on this; you looked in a thread called "Wildcat or Pussy Cat" looking for VALID information about a new product?

So Happy if the Wildcat isn't up to your standards of So Cal then why are you here?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm missing how brand loyal has anything to do with this post?
This post is about how the Wildcat must suck simply because AC didn't take it to Glamis yet.
And we all know that Glamis is the center of the known universe.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I thought I saw that they was going to have a ride demo at Glamis over Thanksgiving but I don't see it on their web site now. They did have a ride demo in So. Cal. the weekend before they where in Utah. It was in Barstow, so I guess you missed your chance to drive one in So. Cal.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts