Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!!!!

THE BAD NEWS IS THEY PUSHED THE FIRST 225 WILDCATS BACK TO MID DECEMBER AND DELIVERY TO END OF DEC. THEN EARLY BUY CUSTOMERS WILL FOLLOW THEN DEALER INVENTORY.

NOW THE GOOD NEW'S

THE REASON THEY PUSHED THESE DATES BACK WAS DUE TO DEMO RIDE FEEDBACK FROM DEALERS AND CONSUMERS. THEY ARE MAKING SOME MINOR CHANGES BASED ON THE DEMO RIDES..

SO WITH ALL THAT SAID IT HELPS CONFIRM MY THOUGHTS AS WELL AS OTHERS AND AIRDAM'S COMMENT ON THESE AS WELL. AND THAT IS THAT THE DEMO UNITS WERE JUST DEMO'S AND WERE NOT WHAT THE PRODUCTION MODELS WILL BE.. HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL TO THOSE ON THE FENCE ABOUT TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hope they decided to put the dual throttle bodies back in to address the lack of power in the low end. I have went back and listened to the promo videos and they clear state 50mm throttle bodies

Then get Airdam to work on the clutch and botaboom happy dance

49s we need a dancing pepper or something

·
Registered
508 Posts
I never had a doubt they would change some things. That is why they were having demo riders fill out a post ride questionnaire that asked what are the top three things you would change on the WC.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hope they decided to put the dual throttle bodies back in to address the lack of power in the low end. I have went back and listened to the promo videos and they clear state 50mm throttle bodies

Then get Airdam to work on the clutch and botaboom happy dance

49s we need a dancing pepper or something
I'd rather have Arctic Cat license the clutch modifications directly from AirDam so the thing is ready to drive right out of the gate. :cool:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks Donkey413

Reactions: donkey413

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
things i hope they have added, passenger o/s handle, bar behind seats for aftermarket harness, adjustable seats <>, easy access place for winch, lowered floor pan under gas pedal, that hump is annoying. lowered length of shifter, its too tall. and of course the biggy, more hp, or at least as much as the xp. lol, then you would have the perfect stock machine. ps, i have noticed arctic cats stock has risen sharply over the last few months, just fyi

·
Registered
508 Posts
The AC rep and engineer said the pass grab bar was for sure going to be on them for production and an adjustable seat was asked about alot also.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd rather have Arctic Cat license the clutch modifications directly from AirDam so the thing is ready to drive right out of the gate. :cool:

well all i can say is you can thank me later!!! just get your machine and be happy. after our testing we did, i showed them exactly what i would have done, and talked to them today again about my clutch calibrations. i have given them all the info they need to put the best setup in these cars. i just HOPE they follow thru and put it together right.

i can confirm as i have stated before, the demo units ARE NOT production caliber. the production units should not have the laggy low end that the demo units have. the clutch setups are going to be completely different and ready to roll. the awesome clutch setup i put in the wet clutch delete is going to be on the wildcats from the factory. there will be no laggy wet clutch slipping robbing power anymore. the demo units had the same wet clutch setup in the ATVs and prowlers. the new CVtech trailbloc primary that will be in the production wildcats is an awesome clutch that i have been using for over a year to bring out all sorts of power out of arctic cats.

·
Registered
686 Posts
also, the XTZ 1000 prowler engine that is in the DEMO wildcats that everyone has been running are severely watered down. this engine makes approximately 65-70hp at 6300RPM on a good day, and since arctic cat has the OEM wet clutch setup watered down and only pulling 5100RPM, that means the engine in the DEMO wildcats is probably only producing 60hp at best to the crank, and only about 45hp to the tire. so everyone complaining about the laggy low end is because of the wet clutch setup in the DEMOs, and everyone complaining about the power is because the clutch is so watered down to the point the engine wont rev to make any power.

the production engine will have the same clutch setup i use on my wet clutch delete, the CVtech clutch which eliminates any wet clutch slip and lag. we put out TONS more power thru this clutch setup. the production engine is supposedly fitted with larger valves and a higher flowing head. the arctic cat engine dyno guy told me the production engines they have been building and running in long term testing on the dynos have been producing 88-91hp at the crank. this much power, bolted thru my clutch setup, means we will most likely see 70+hp to the tire which is better than any other machine on the market. so imagine the DEMO ride you took, remember it? now that you realize you only had 40-45hp to the tire, then imagine how much faster the machine is going to be with 70+hp to the tire. imagine that wild ride.

to put this into perspective, the can-am commander is a nice machine, but i make it a TON faster by bolting my CVtech clutch setup to them, also, the RZR 900XP is a nice machine as well yet i can blow a stock machine out of the water with one of my clutch setups by bolting the CVtech clutch to a stock RZR 900XP. so these owners have to buy a $1000 clutch setup in order to get their max potential of the engine to the ground. arctic cat listened to me and decided to use my setup out of the gate to get all the power to the ground.

you guys can thank me later

·
Registered
27 Posts
So let me get this right...

1) the first 225 units are for dealers floor models only ???
which will deliver end of december...

2) then the early buy customers???
which will probably ship february-ish...

3) then the rest of dealer stock to be built???

is that about right so far?

Another question... will all the modifications that have been discussed here be on the first and second release units or will there be first generation units and then second, third and subsequent changes added later...

Not trying to drag this out there, just trying to see if its in ones best interest to wait and hold back on the early buy ones, so not to get stuck with a ride missing some of the upgraded features!!!

Thanks everyone for your input, and a BIG THANKS to AIRDAM for his great inside knowledge of AC...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Airdam I must say I have been searching out your posts on various sites and you are part of the reason I put money down on the wildcat. All the negative posts really had little impact. I will also thank you now, my friend and his xp are going down. I figured worst case was to get a clutch done from you and be a happy camper:cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am so excited about this NEW news. All of this is awesome and I know everyone that has taken the leap of faith and are buying a Wildcat will be not only happy but will be the hit of the block. I am going to miss being one of first to own a WC but I will get one as soon as things get back on track. So until then I will have to live vicariously thru you guys.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is video from utv underground driving a WC in Barstow and it was turning almost 7000rpm @70mph. Were these units running the stock prowler clutch setup? Just trying to figure why these were turning that much when you say the demos wouldnt go over 5100?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts