Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many Wildcats are being produced weekly? It would also be interesting to know how many were pre-ordered. My local dealer hasn't sold all the ones of his initial order.

Having this information would be a clue as to how long it might take to get a Wildcat if ordered today?

Gumball

·
Registered
50 Posts
All of the 2012s are committed to dealers. They cannot order more. However most of us have not sold all that we ordered. So all you have to do is Put money down somewhere on the first one in that's isn't sold. For us that is early March but your local dealer should be able to tell you when theirs is

·
Registered
329 Posts
According to one of the AC guys (that's all I can say) production will be 25 units per day. If that works well it may go up to 26 per day. The units will be shipped as soon as they have a truck load, no stockpiling and then shipping when they have a yard full. Left (west) coast will be delivered first, something about this being their season? I guess us mid-coasters will come later?

Dwight

·
Registered
986 Posts
I heard that West Coast thing first as well, but I call BS, shops in Cali were some of the last to get demos and just doesn't make any sense. I predict they ship out pre-orders in about the same pattern you saw displays hit. Also, if AC cared about the Cali season, they would have released this machine by November to get them on the Southern Cal deserts before the season started, not nearing the end. I very well could be wrong, and I hope I am not of course, but I guess we will find out in about 2 weeks.

Also, if they were trucking as soon as they fill them up, then why have we not seen any production, non display models yet??? I am thinking if they can turn out 225 displays in the time they did, production units should have bee hitting dealers by now.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I heard that West Coast thing first as well, but I call BS, shops in Cali were some of the last to get demos and just doesn't make any sense. I predict they ship out pre-orders in about the same pattern you saw displays hit. Also, if AC cared about the Cali season, they would have released this machine by November to get them on the Southern Cal deserts before the season started, not nearing the end. I very well could be wrong, and I hope I am not of course, but I guess we will find out in about 2 weeks.

Also, if they were trucking as soon as they fill them up, then why have we not seen any production, non display models yet??? I am thinking if they can turn out 225 displays in the time they did, production units should have bee hitting dealers by now.
This is sound logic. They didn't give priority to the self righteous west coast before and I don't think they will this time either. They distributed them out away from themselves by distance it was very obvious.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I heard that West Coast thing first as well, but I call BS, shops in Cali were some of the last to get demos and just doesn't make any sense. I predict they ship out pre-orders in about the same pattern you saw displays hit. Also, if AC cared about the Cali season, they would have released this machine by November to get them on the Southern Cal deserts before the season started, not nearing the end. I very well could be wrong, and I hope I am not of course, but I guess we will find out in about 2 weeks. Also, if they were trucking as soon as they fill them up, then why have we not seen any production, non display models yet??? I am thinking if they can turn out 225 displays in the time they did, production units should have bee hitting dealers by now.
I don't totally disagree here, but since this is all speculation, allow me to do so. First of all, I think they were trying all along to get this thing released to the public during the start of dune season. Look how early they leaked it and how long we all waited for more info. I think something or things delayed their timeline. On the demos, I don't think they really had a plan to get them out west first. It's just the demo. But I can see them making a concerted effort to get the production units into the hands of the dealers who can sell them right away. It doesn't make much sense to send the first ones to dealers where there is 5 feet of snow on the ground. Those dealers are still in full snowmobile mode and don't sell many UTVs until spring. That's my 2 cents worth of speculation...........

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree with dentless, they are going to send them where there is money to be made and with dealers selling 20-40 units in preorders I would expect they would hit the AZ, Utah, CA areas first with the production and non display units. As of the Barstow test ride event they had only sold 150 production majority of which were west coast in those three states above according to the western sales rep. Aldo the guy who was head of engineering said they pushed for a November release but couldn't have sped it up because of the timeline they were in but they understand it's like sending snowmobiles to Cali in July. Anyways hope we all get them soon

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I don't totally disagree here, but since this is all speculation, allow me to do so. First of all, I think they were trying all along to get this thing released to the public during the start of dune season. Look how early they leaked it and how long we all waited for more info. I think something or things delayed their timeline. On the demos, I don't think they really had a plan to get them out west first. It's just the demo. But I can see them making a concerted effort to get the production units into the hands of the dealers who can sell them right away. It doesn't make much sense to send the first ones to dealers where there is 5 feet of snow on the ground. Those dealers are still in full snowmobile mode and don't sell many UTVs until spring. That's my 2 cents worth of speculation...........

5 feet of snow.... they make tracks for them. :pat:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I agree with dentless, they are going to send them where there is money to be made and with dealers selling 20-40 units in preorders I would expect they would hit the AZ, Utah, CA areas first with the production and non display units. As of the Barstow test ride event they had only sold 150 production majority of which were west coast in those three states above according to the western sales rep. Aldo the guy who was head of engineering said they pushed for a November release but couldn't have sped it up because of the timeline they were in but they understand it's like sending snowmobiles to Cali in July. Anyways hope we all get them soon

I'm good with Utah being one of the first....:cool: Mine is scheduled to build 1/27 and should deliver by 2/3

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
You west coast guys just cannot accept that the world does not revolve around you. It really is amazing. "Dune season" has never had anything to do with it, you guys can fantasize all you want about how they really intended to do something they didn't end up doing that of course catered to you but the truth is February has been and always was the launch date of this thing. Even when they sent out the floor models they didn't make any effort to get them out west in a hurry, in fact they sent the first floor models to Canada and all throughout the north, which is . . . . wait for it . . . . wait for it . . . . .. . .close to the factory!!!!! WoW, see how this has been working? No reason to believe it changes anytime soon either. You guys are about the farthest from them and guess what, you can expect to be last to see them show up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So, Catsandandsnow how do you know when yours is scheduled to build? Every time I stop in at my dealers and ask about mine he doesn't have any idea when they will ship. Should he?:)

Dwight

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
My dealer looks on the website and it shows build dates for the ones that they have preordered. The dates have changed a couple times. At first it was building on 2/3 then it moved to 1/30 now its at 1/27. My dealer has 3 preorders, my green one and 2 black ones. At first the 2 black ones where building on a different date, but now all 3 of there preorders are building and shipping at the same time

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hmm I wonder if mine got bumped up I will have to bug Copper hehe.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You west coast guys just cannot accept that the world does not revolve around you. It really is amazing. "Dune season" has never had anything to do with it, you guys can fantasize all you want about how they really intended to do something they didn't end up doing that of course catered to you but the truth is February has been and always was the launch date of this thing. Even when they sent out the floor models they didn't make any effort to get them out west in a hurry, in fact they sent the first floor models to Canada and all throughout the north, which is . . . . wait for it . . . . wait for it . . . . .. . .close to the factory!!!!! WoW, see how this has been working? No reason to believe it changes anytime soon either. You guys are about the farthest from them and guess what, you can expect to be last to see them show up.
Say what you want Chris, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not saying the world revolves around dune season, but I am saying that UTV sales in the winter are about 1000% higher out here in the west. This is our riding season. Yours is in the summer, ours is winter. Over 100,000 people goto the dunes every weekend during the winter here and the big weekends get 5 times that many. And half those people own UTVs. Probably more than most other states combined. Just like the Ford Excursion. They sold 70%+ of all Excursions to Texas, Arizona and California. Some things just do better out here. We can ride our rigs almost anywhere in this state, including on the street, and the weather is nice enough to ride 365 days a year. Most states don't have that luxury and winter is snowmobile season. Hell, most dealers back there don't even order UTVs from October til April. So if you think they are going to ship all their inventory to the closest dealers first, that's your opinion. Shipping to people who can't ride them for 3 more months is like wiping your butt before you poop. It just doesn't make any sense....................

·
Registered
508 Posts
Your forgetting one thing, there are already sold units all over. Doesnt matter if snow is on the ground. The delivery will go from minn. outwards not the other way around. And if you guys can ride 365 then its not as important when they get out there right?

Reactions: steve-d
1 - 20 of 88 Posts