Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arctic cat needs to recall all machines and have airdamn clutch installed, they dropped the ball, I don't like owning a machine this bad ass and have to explaine such a easy but expensive fix that should have been done from the factory, why risk the negative publicity, if it had done this first their would be nothing to talk about here. Should be excited to own not defending our choices!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well All I Got To Say About This Is Good Luck On Your Wish
i Like My Wild Cat Does Every Thing I Want It To Do Plus More
But Then Again Im In Low 99 % Of The Time & It Works For Me
Never Replace A Belt & Have Had 4 AC ATV 2 In 08 & 2 In 10 4 Years With Well Over 1200 Miles A Year
Of Mud /Rocks / Iron Orr / Mudbog Pits So I Dont See The Need To Change Any Thing

Will I Do The wc Deleat Maybe Adam Does Good Work Had One Of My 650 Done By Him
But As Of Now Works Good For Me:D

Reactions: kyler22 and Scheuch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Read all the info. There is not a power problem. There is a clutching issue and that is most likely only going to be a problem when duning or extreme hill climbing. So, you can either spend $ 1200 on a WCD or buy an XP and spend $ 2000 on shocks. Or if you don't dune or ride really steep long hills, you probably don't even need the WCD. I still haven't decided which way to go. Most likely, I'll wait until next year and see if the 'cat has anymore gremlins to be worked out. If nothing else comes up, it will probably be the 'cat because great factory suspension is more important to me then dunning ability here on the east coast in Maryland.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I only have $1100 in my shocks after I sold my factories!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only have $1100 in my shocks after I sold my factories!!!
The $ 2000 is straight dollars for dollars. But since you want to muddy the waters. Your new shocks only keep the XP from going end over end in the whoops. They dont increase travel at all. So how much would you have to pay to get 18" of suspension? The only company that I know of with a serious long travel kit for the XP is HCR and it is $ 6000 for 17". So now you sell you factory shocks and your kit costs $ 5000. You can do a whole lot of motor work for $ 5000.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
Arctic cat needs to recall all machines and have airdamn clutch installed, they dropped the ball, I don't like owning a machine this bad ass and have to explaine such a easy but expensive fix that should have been done from the factory, why risk the negative publicity, if it had done this first their would be nothing to talk about here. Should be excited to own not defending our choices!
Well All I Got To Say About This Is Good Luck On Your Wishi Like My Wild Cat Does Every Thing I Want It To Do Plus MoreBut Then Again Im In Low 99 % Of The Time & It Works For MeNever Replace A Belt & Have Had 4 AC ATV 2 In 08 & 2 In 10 4 Years With Well Over 1200 Miles A Year Of Mud /Rocks / Iron Orr / Mudbog Pits So I Dont See The Need To Change Any ThingWill I Do The wc Deleat Maybe Adam Does Good Work Had One Of My 650 Done By Him But As Of Now Works Good For Me:D[/[email protected] full of mud, I trail ride and mud most of the time, but if its clutching issues,then they should show in the thick ass mud also I would think,if we loosing ponies then we r loosing ponies, I ride in hill country,full of mud!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The $ 2000 is straight dollars for dollars. But since you want to muddy the waters. Your new shocks only keep the XP from going end over end in the whoops. They dont increase travel at all. So how much would you have to pay to get 18" of suspension? The only company that I know of with a serious long travel kit for the XP is HCR and it is $ 6000 for 17". So now you sell you factory shocks and your kit costs $ 5000. You can do a whole lot of motor work for $ 5000.
Easy sister! I'm not mudding any water! I was just stating that it's not $2000 for shocks! I've been praising the W/C for it's suspention & openly stating that I'm disappointed that it doesn't give the xp a better run in the hp dept out of the box! I was hoping the W/C would hand the xp it's ass to see what POPO would fire back with! Call me selfish, I want to see the end product get better for us, the consumer!

Reactions: Redflametech

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The title of this thread is stupid. Did your parents ignore you as a child?[/QUOTEMaybe they did,but u read it so what's that say about you! Go hit your medical marijuana! While I enjoy my machine!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
This place is getting violent...:popc1:if you need the wcd you get it, if you don't you go ride?

·
Banned
441 Posts
Recall,for what expectations? Come on this is the best machine produced so far.Safety,suspension,and more.All these need to be tweeked a bit so a clutch mod is way better than 2-5k in suspension on an xp.Plus the xp looks will be outdated real quick now.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Recall,for what expectations? Come on this is the best machine produced so far.Safety,suspension,and more.All these need to be tweeked a bit so a clutch mod is way better than 2-5k in suspension on an xp.Plus the xp looks will be outdated real quick now.
YES . . . . . .. I expect Polaris to now move far further along than they would have with a new fresh design rather than the tiny baby steps of the current RZR line.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The wildcat makes the rzr look like a utility sxs now lol. Id take the made in the USA wildcat over the mexican rzr unless something really bad comes up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To Squirly's defense, the great suspension of the Wildcat is only superior when you are fully using it. Same can be said for the power of the XP. I like the idea of the great suspension when I hit the rough stuff. However, I'm sure the XP would be more than adequate for a very large percentage (80-90%??) of what many of us do. To be fair, we could probably say the same about the in-question power of the Wildcat. Yes?

·
Registered
69 Posts
YES . . . . . .. I expect Polaris to now move far further along than they would have with a new fresh design rather than the tiny baby steps of the current RZR line.
I think so too Chris. With the Cat out of the bag...pun intended, Polaris has to step up to the plate. I'd guess they have a pretty fat wallet given their RZR success. Unfortunately for the consumer, they have only done what was minimally necessary to make their buyers happy. EVERYONE, regardless of brand preference, should be thrilled about what AC has brought to the table. My personal Kudos to AC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I watch axles break on RZR's on a weekly basis. Last weekend 2 broke in our group alone! HURRY! HURRY! Go to the RZR forum and let them know about this problem I'm sure they have no clue exists. Maybe you should title it "Entire RzR drivetrain needs replacing". You know, try to keep it low key and not dramatic at all.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I guess we can think AC for the great suspension, now we just sit and wait for Polaris's next offering with their own updated long travel kit that will probably be in the 20 inch range, I've owned allot of Bikes ,none released a bike that's not above the current HP rating and if they are only matching performance, they at least went on a diet, like steel frame to aluminum which made them faster.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seems like a great machine! We will see what I will need to do to get it like I want. Suspension is key! What the consensus to fix the bogging down? A WCD?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts