Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on another forum.
Terrible camera work, just watch the last 15 seconds.
Looks like he turned too sharp for the speed and ground conditions.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That looks like Speedworld, AZ last Saturday. Looks like he was trying to kill the camera man. I drove one on Sunday that had been rolled on the driver's side. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The cage and door frame were fine. The plastic on the door was a litte scratched. Nothing major and easily replaced.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you haven't seen one up close the frame looks like it came off a very nice sand rail. I looks solid. I'd rather roll a Wildcat than Stock RZR.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's cool. They should be able to survive a flop over without major repairs.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The one that rolled in Oregon was fine. The cage on these seems to be a lot stronger than the RZR's. This is a well built machine.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My RZR has "tipped" over 3 times, and while driving my friends brand new XP the first night he had it, I took a bump from behind and "tipped" over, so I'm kind of the joke of my group when it comes to falling over. Oh well, good to be known for something....

·
Registered
791 Posts
Red,
So what is your nick name? I am sure with "Being known for something" comes a fun name too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Red,
So what is your nick name? I am sure with "Being known for something" comes a fun name too.
Well, I guess they haven't officially given me one, but based on my roll overs and the fact that I spill my soda every time I go out to eat with them, Tip over Timmy is probably the most used and best.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The cage and door frame were fine. The plastic on the door was a litte scratched. Nothing major and easily replaced.
Incredible how different people report COMPLETELY different things. On the RZR forum someone acts like the cage did not survive that small fall over and was ruined -->

"+1 on the roll cage, it doesn't look to be supported by much. Looks to be a good opportunity for the aftermarket cage guys to make some $. With the speed that the suspension on these things allow you to carry a good cage is going to be needed! "

"They had trouble with the door not working right after that and the cage was pushed over slightly, not bad but noticeable."

"If the slight flop shifted the cage over, this thing is gonna fold up like a lawn chair in a real roll over."

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did guys with RZRs really criticize another roll cage????????? Now that is funny right there.........................

·
Registered
945 Posts
Guys.....we have to take all of this with a grain of salt......remember, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....well, this is kinda what we are up against.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Man, I would not have submitted that vid for viewing had I shot it.......way bad!!!! Nice pic of the glove box though!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My buddy was in the one that was rolled. There was barely any damage to the thing at all. The only problem he had with it was the door came open on him while he was driving it.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
My buddy was in the one that was rolled. There was barely any damage to the thing at all. The only problem he had with it was the door came open on him while he was driving it.
In it as in was the driver or passenger when it rolled, or as in later drove the one that had been rolled?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Pretty sure he meant he rode in it after the fact. I drove the same one. Amazingly enough, I was able to keep it upright.......................

·
Registered
945 Posts
What I like was that it had little damage after it rolled.....I'd been wondering about the longevity of the plastic body parts. Cage wasn't bothering me as it looks like the best OEM cage on any stock machine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts