Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a specific forum section dedicated solely to Arctic Cat Suspension and Modifications! We all know the Wildcat is boasting some amazing numbers, but there's always room for more :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
This should really take off once some of us actually have a Wildcat. I would think that there would be a lot of tuning that could be done on this machine.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I wonder what will come out for the Wildcat too. I would guess there will be high clearance radius rods for the lower links like they make for the XP right now. I would also guess some companies will make longer travel suspension kit but I would not want to see one of these too much wider than what they are right now. I know people always want more but the Wildcat comes from the box with 17" & 18" travel.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd like to see a tutorial on proper suspension tuning techniques. The "why" and the "how" of getting a specific response dialed in.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Redman,
Yes that would be nice. I am sure once they have been around for a while there will be enough expert people who will offer some advice on how to setup the suspension on the Wildcat. If you look at the RZR forums there is some good threads on how to setup the XP so it doesn't pogo all over the place. So give it a little time and I am sure we will see the same for the Wildcat.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Once the Wildcat gets into the hands of the consumers I am sure many people will be modifying these rigs. The one thing I am worried about is too much travel. 10 years ago people started trying to get MAXIMUM travel out of their 4x4. Jeep, Trucks, Buggies you name it everyone had to have a rig with 18" of travel or better. But as a lot of ideas and parts came available I noticed a lot of issues with rigs. Sometimes you can have too much of a GOOD THING?? Yes we all know bigger is better but if you are at the max on your wheel travel what are you really getting. What I noticed was rigs that were mishandling or rolling over where they hadn't had any issues before. Even if your tire is on the ground does it really have any traction? Not at full droop.

I can't say what I will or won't want to do to the suspension on the Wildcat until I have one and get to mess with it for a while. And I am not a desert racer/rock crawling pro/short course racer. So what I need won't be what a person competting will. It will be fun to see what all the vendors come up with.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I dont think we will need more travel, just better travel through valving. Maybe some bumpstops to help with the big bumps.
I wonder if there is room for some of the air bumps that they make for Jeeps & Buggies? I'll have to look next weekend when I am test driving them. Also some Walker Evans shock have built in bump stops. The ones I have on my Jeep were built that way for Off-Road Only.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
after driving the wildcat through 2 miles of pure whooped out roads getting to and from the dunes at waynoka. the suspension will be my last to do list, it has the plushest ride of any utv i have been in... this is the single winner on this machine. turbo,,,,now thats first on my list.

·
Registered
986 Posts
2.5" King bypass shocks would be a nice upgrade ;)
I don't think King is a better shock than WE. Fox, king, WE, are all super quality. I won't be doing any more than having mine valved and sprung a little stiffer towards the end of it's travel. The beauty of having 18" to work with is that you have room for a really soft rate in the beginning with some serious progression in the 2nd half of its travel.

·
Registered
945 Posts
We have a Dude that rides with our club that is a doctor when it comes to fine tuning shocks like these.....I'll be having him look at the shocks to see what his suggestions will be.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I don't think King is a better shock than WE. Fox, king, WE, are all super quality. I won't be doing any more than having mine valved and sprung a little stiffer towards the end of it's travel. The beauty of having 18" to work with is that you have room for a really soft rate in the beginning with some serious progression in the 2nd half of its travel.
+1.. the best shocks in the world are useless if their not set-up right. King, Fox, WE are all good shocks. It's gonna be fun!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Coil spring Suspension part Suspension Auto part Shock absorber here is a pic of the wildcat spring from waynoka, the spring is tweaked, rubbing the shock housing, ? what do you think caused this

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Coil spring Tire Auto part Suspension Suspension part a different angle. i wouldnt expect this from a wer product??

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dont think those are gonna be the spring setup they will have. I think it will have two springs like the rear does.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts