Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just found the schedule on the Wildcat web page and they will be in Reedsport, OR on the 27-29 OCT 2011. My question is this, How does this work? Will they put up more information as it gets closer? How do I know where to go once I get to that town? What do I need to bring? How long do they let you drive one for? Can I bring my kid with me and take her for a ride too?
And last-Anyone else from the PNW going to be there? I have reservations at the Best Western for 28-30 OCt so I will drive down on Friday and check the Wildct out on Saturday and head home on Sunday. Look forward to maybe running into some of you there.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Complete tour listing is here
Arctic Cat - Wildcat 1000i H.O.
Gee you think???? First sentence I say" Ok I just found the schedule on the Wildcat web page"
So yep I think I got that part down. Now do you have any answers to my questions? This would be the first time I have gone to a demo ride for a SXS so I have no idea what they have going on. I have done demo rides with motorcycles before so I would imagine it is something like that. But does someone know where I can find out more information about the event? The closest Arctic Cat dealer is a ways away from Reedsport so it isn't being but on by them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Amazing, the official website still says "Pricing Available September 26th." I guess they still have an hour and 45 mins left in the Central Time zone?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any riding in Reedsport? Maybe they mean Winchester just down the road??
Gundog,
Yes I agree they must be talking about Winchester Bay. Now the only question is WHERE??? There are 3 areas you can access the dunes there so which one will have the AC setup? Hopefully I can find out more information before next month. Either way I am going down for the weekend with my daughter.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gee you think???? First sentence I say" Ok I just found the schedule on the Wildcat web page"
So yep I think I got that part down. Now do you have any answers to my questions? This would be the first time I have gone to a demo ride for a SXS so I have no idea what they have going on. I have done demo rides with motorcycles before so I would imagine it is something like that. But does someone know where I can find out more information about the event? The closest Arctic Cat dealer is a ways away from Reedsport so it isn't being but on by them.
Wow Wildman, I was simply posting the link for the rest of the crew here, being courteous. Sorry for making you miserable.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Wildman, I was simply posting the link for the rest of the crew here, being courteous. Sorry for making you miserable.
No worries Redman I ani't miserable. Guess I was having a bad day. Sorry.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It looks to me like they are simply letting people take it on a short course. Not really a "ride", more like a test ride.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My point exactly, there is no information about the rides. I would really like some answers to my questions. I'll try calling a dealer and see if they can tell me anything.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I Will Be At The Elk River One Oct 15th:cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When any of you go to the event please post back here about it and let us know how it is. Please take all the pictures you can and then tell us what you think of the Wildcat. When I get bck from my trip at the end of Oct I'll make sure to post up my feelings and thoughts too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know the local dealer for AC here in Vancouver, WA. I will ask if they know anything about the test ride in Reedsport. I am thinking of going over and riding that weekend if the weather is good.

Mike

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks to me like they are simply letting people take it on a short course. Not really a "ride", more like a test ride.
That is pretty much what Harley does too when they have DEMO days. It would just be nice if they would post up some info about it. Like any requirements and such. Since some of you are dealers on here what do you all know?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I finally found a dealer who knew SOMETHING about the demo days. He said he is pretty sure they will have it in the same area they have Dune Fest in at the Oregon Dunes. Now I know this is only dealing with the Oregon event but as I learn more about it I am sure some of it will apply to other areas. This dealer is in Salem, OR and he just ordered 20 units. He has 5 deposits so far. All the other info he had was the same as everything we have already been discussing here. When I learn more I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No stop in West Virginia?
Well they don't have a stop in Washington either. I have to drive 7 hours to get the event I am going to. You're just going to have to find the closest one and go to it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts