Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 wildcat trail. Full stock suspension. My OE springs have just about worn out and are sagging pretty bad. Any reccomendations for aftermarket springs that are not $1000 for a set? I dont need high performance or anything just some to replace my stock ones. Does anyone know what the Fox OE part number for the springs on the Trail are?

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
I have a '14 wildcat trail. Full stock suspension. My OE springs have just about worn out and are sagging pretty bad. Any reccomendations for aftermarket springs that are not $1000 for a set? I dont need high performance or anything just some to replace my stock ones. Does anyone know what the Fox OE part number for the springs on the Trail are?
I don't know the price on them, but a lot of member really like the Bandit springs.

·
Registered
677 Posts
You'll be looking at about $200 - $300 for the Bandits, but they are well worth the cost. This is one of the best upgrades I have made to my machine. Don't waste your money on the OE springs.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Have you tried Summit racing?
They have reasonable priced springs that fit the Sport.
Measure up your stock Trail springs & see if you can match up to one of their offerings.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried Summit racing?
They have reasonable priced springs that fit the Sport.
Measure up your stock Trail springs & see if you can match up to one of their offerings.
To go this route I will have to figure out what the lb/inch of the OE springs are (or of the bandits) Is there anywhere to get this info? I like this option best because I can get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The stock springs are 145#s all the way around. Bandits used to be 175/200 for the lite set and 200/250 for the heavy set. It looks like they've redone their website. They used to list the pounds and the lite/mediums were one set and the heavy another set. Now they list 3 different sets and the pound ratings are gone. If you give them a call they'll tell ya. They're great, easy, people to work with.

Also of interest, it looks like they now offer a spring kit for the Sport model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To go this route I will have to figure out what the lb/inch of the OE springs are (or of the bandits) Is there anywhere to get this info? I like this option best because I can get exactly what I want.
After checking theirs out it looks like getting their set of 4 would still be cheaper than some off summit. $175 with $15 shipping aint too bad. Looks like they dont have the heavies in stock right now sadly. Maybe I will give em a call and see when they will be getting more heavies in stock.

Right now my trail is riding on sagging but adjusted front OEs and really sagging rears with spring spacers to push them back up a bit. Thats the only thing I am needing to fix on it right now other than hook up my Dixie horn to a switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts