Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I recently purchased my first ATV, 2015 Wildcat Trail. I have only been to Busco Beach, NC and Slades Park in VA. I have been browsing the forums since the day I bought my trail three weeks ago. My buddy and I have been having a blast riding, but we are looking to start or join a group to ride with. I have about 13 hours on the trail so far and have already snorkeled it to keep up. I also put his stock 26" tires onto my rims, his were a lot more aggressive than my stocks and he put 28" Mega Mayhems on his new Grizzly 700. He tests out the waters, then I trudge through. I am Active Duty Navy and live in Suffolk, VA. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here and hopefully meeting some new riders.

-O'Neal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Welcome to the forum ONeal. Looks like your having a blast with your new Trail. LOL!! Also want to thank you for your service, stay safe my friend.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Welcome to the Wildcat Forums & Wildcat Family - if you get a chance, there is a couple sections in the forum that address projects, known issues with fixes etc...I'll post them below - Also look into getting some harnesses for your machine - more comfortable on your neck and safer.

http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/10238-sticky-wildcat-trail-known-issues-fixes.html - Tips, Tricks & Fixes
http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/10039-diy-projects-trails.html _ DIY Projects

·
Registered
101 Posts
welcome, we go to busco regularly and have a permanent campsite there. Am retired navy and now work on base. probably won't make another trip there till spring but can hook up if you want, just let me know.

Jeff

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was wondering why one of your first mods was a snorkel. I guess a picture IS worth a thousand words. Looks like fun!

·
Administrator
27,591 Posts
Welcome ONeal, congrats on your Trail. Look into harnesses, and a harness bar as soon as you can. Great pics, earned your first like!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Gabe,

Ill post some of the videos soon but if you've ever been to Busco Beach it can real deep real fast. Luckily I had a buddy to lead for me, the biggest problem I have is bottoming out. I feel like the stock air intake was just really low and I was constantly worrying about it going under. It cost me about $75 to snorkel it and I'm certain it has already saved me. As soon as I can afford it I'm going with 28" tires and ill probably tighten my shocks a little more so I can hang with the big boys.

-O'Neal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
09RappySE,

Hell ya that sounds like a plan, looking forward to it. I'm not sure if I will be going back out until spring either. I'd like to have my own trailer by then so its a lot cheaper to get down there, but either way we will be down there a lot. MWR stuff isn't too expensive to rent.

-O'Neal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome ONeal, congrats on your Trail. Look into harnesses, and a harness bar as soon as you can. Great pics, earned your first like!
Will do! I have been looking into them, haven't decided what would be the safest and cheapest option. I have a welder but im not confident enough in my welding to do a seatbelt harness. I'm also concerned with my home made snorkel getting in the way of a bar. I went with home made because the kit didn't go all the way to the top of the cage and I thought why not have that extra 10" of water safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts