Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 wildcat trail 700 has about 700 miles on it just recently going about 55 down hill let off the gas and can feel it try kick into “free wheel” at about 20mph but instead of kicking into free wheel it’s kicks out of gear and grinds slap it into neutral stop and put it back in gear it will do this anytime down hill but only if I’m not giving it any brake. Drained the fluid and no metal came out at all is this a clutch, linkage or trans issue

·
Registered
674 Posts
engine braking is pretty slim in high range but should still be able to keep it engaged with a bit of throttle "blip" Try same runs in low range and see if it holds back steady or tries free wheeling/kicking out still. I had the banging around clutch the odd time in high range but never kicked out of gear... Might be shift cable setup or somethin with shifter position is not engaged fully and this is letting it kick out? Others on here should know more. Good luck!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine is doing this. It has done it since around 200 miles. It has been to the dealer 4 times for it. First time, they of course couldn't get it to do it. 2 nd time they replaced some internal trans parts with "upgraded" parts. 3rd time different dealer couldn't replicate but replaced a throttle cable due to high idle. It is going back again as I was able to get it to do it on a short ride down my gravel road.

I can get mine to do it pretty regularly if I try. I get up to about 40 mph and coast down a hill. As soon as the primary clutch fully disengages and the trans has no load on it, it will pop out of gear. You then have to stop fully and it will fall back into gear. If you don't stop, it will just continue to grind the gears. I wouldn't worry about it so much but I ride alot of tight hilly trails and if you try to free wheel down a hill, it will often times pop out of gear. This causes the gear to grind all the way down the hill until you get to the bottom and get stopped. Mine has never done it in low range and only does it when the clutch has fully opened up. Mine is under warranty for a few more days and should be going in sometime this week. I'll update with what they do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
engine braking is pretty slim in high range but should still be able to keep it engaged with a bit of throttle "blip" Try same runs in low range and see if it holds back steady or tries free wheeling/kicking out still. I had the banging around clutch the odd time in high range but never kicked out of gear... Might be shift cable setup or somethin with shifter position is not engaged fully and this is letting it kick out? Others on here should know more. Good luck!
Mine is doing this. It has done it since around 200 miles. It has been to the dealer 4 times for it. First time, they of course couldn't get it to do it. 2 nd time they replaced some internal trans parts with "upgraded" parts. 3rd time different dealer couldn't replicate but replaced a throttle cable due to high idle. It is going back again as I was able to get it to do it on a short ride down my gravel road.

I can get mine to do it pretty regularly if I try. I get up to about 40 mph and coast down a hill. As soon as the primary clutch fully disengages and the trans has no load on it, it will pop out of gear. You then have to stop fully and it will fall back into gear. If you don't stop, it will just continue to grind the gears. I wouldn't worry about it so much but I ride alot of tight hilly trails and if you try to free wheel down a hill, it will often times pop out of gear. This causes the gear to grind all the way down the hill until you get to the bottom and get stopped. Mine has never done it in low range and only does it when the clutch has fully opened up. Mine is under warranty for a few more days and should be going in sometime this week. I'll update with what they do.

Will not do it in low range only high at 40+ mph coasting down hill I did find that if you tap the gas n keep the clutch enagaged there’s no issues dealer states the secondary spring maybe the issue changed it with a speedwerx still the same issue hopefully they can figure your machine out and help me out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, my 2015 sport is doing the exact same thing you have described. The last post was a year ago, has anyone figured out a fix?

·
Registered
288 Posts
speepwerx secondary spring and throttle blip

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My old Trail would do exactly that. Blipping throttle wouldn't stop it & neither did the Speedwerx spring or the Dalton kit. It's just like it was jumping out of gear, you pretty much had to come to a stop & play with the shifter for it to stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts