Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 wildcat trail pops out of high gear when the clutch free wheels going down a hill or when coasting or coming to a stop. It almost sounds like the gears meshing until I come to a stop and then I can put it back in gear.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
probably need to be feathering the gas pedal to keep the clutch engaged while you have your foot on the brake pedal...a dalton clutch kit will help with the engine braking as well...also works best if in low gear...what you are experiencing is free-wheeling ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not free wheeling it whines when it freewheels i actually have to take it out of gear and put it back in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I know I’ve seen a few people had this issue and the dealer fixed it by upgrading some parts in the transaxle but I couldn’t find what was upgraded, and it’s way too far out of warranty to bring it to a dealer. I’m handy with a wrench but I’m no transmission expert. I may have to just go for it, pull the transaxle, crack it open and try to see what’s going on. It started shortly after I bought it I have a feeling that’s why the guy sold it.

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
301 Posts
The park pawl was upgraded, I think on the 16+. Not sure of a spring upgrade or any upgrade to cure this. My dads old 14 did the same noise, but a blip of the throttle and it would re-engage, noise went away, no need to shift. My 14 does it on rare occasions. Not sure if my dads 19 does it or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone is still following this I’ve finally solved the issue. It just kept getting worse to the point where it was a nightmare to drive in high. The problem was in the primary clutch. Not sure exactly which part, but I think it was the one way bearing which did not seem to be serviceable on these buggy’s. I went ahead and replaced the whole primary and now i can’t even make it happen. Not the most cost effective fix but cheaper than a new machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts