Wildcat Forum banner

Wildcat trail Theft protection

7K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  TxChristopher 
#1 ·
soooo i got a call today apparently there was some guy riding an atv near the shed I keep my wildcat in. they think he was he casing my wildcat or the trailer behind my shed. any ideas on preventing theft ?

#4 ·
GO BUY YOU SOME PiTBULL OR ANOTHER BIG DOG AND CHAIN IT TO IT

#12 ·
Try to light the area at night . Log chain and big lock may slow them down or deter them . Barking dog would help . Insurance

#14 ·
Man that stinks big time. Do everything and big security lights.

Can you sink a good sized pole in the ground with cement and chain it.

Install Lojac hide it, no labels.
Proximity alarm in shed Loud
Agree big insurance
Get cheap camera recorder on the area, maybe they will case again.
If they were on an ATV they probably don't live far?
Alarm the shed entrance and windows (easy to do) use battery with trickle charger hooked up
Put up signs. Let them know you know someone was around No Trespassing etc.'
Cable lock a couple of wheels to the A arms.

Good luck, theft sucks.

#18 ·
Best GPS Data Loggers for SALE :: Car Tracking System my buddy was selling a quad had it chained with big lock and log chain they cut it but he had one of those trackers in the air box so him and cops went to get it 70 miles away!
Good idea in concept, but how does that one help? The only way to know where that logger (and most in general) has been is after you recover it and download it to a PC...good for seeing where your spouse or kids went perhaps, but it won't help you locate it when stolen. You'd need one with a live feed via a cell suscription service, right?

#21 ·
Make sure you have insure ace to cover theft and invest in a good chain and lock. If you think the threat is real you might consider a camera of some sort. Those motion activated game cameras can be picket up pretty cheap.

Reactions: Kong and hoghntr204
#24 ·
Yea just be sure to do it on the heavy end of the Machine the back. 4 lugs and 5 min your ready to ride. There are also other ways to cripple a machine so it is not a rollaway or hotwire and drive off. if they want it make them pick it up and carry it off. after 10 feet or so 99% of lazy Americans will abandon the job. 2 wheels are better then one then a guy cant get on the up hill side and counter balance the machine while the other push's it off. Like I say make them work for it. And remember a chain and lock only keeps an honest man honest it does nothing for the crooks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.