Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
That is my demo car being driven by someone who has a bad back and is sick of being beat up in his Rhino. He is ordering a new Wildcat. :cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Dave at FSS suggested this

Paddles for the Wildcat
Artic Cat had their Semi meet us at Dumont to do some testing.(pictures posted) We setup 14" on the front , the 14" wheel will keep the proper offset on the front for the best handling and proper load on front end parts. We have 12"x10" wheels that will fit on the rear where we can run either the Skats or the STU Blasters.

The 14" V Roll front tires handle well and its what we ran with both the Skat Traks 26/12.50x12s and the STU Blasters on the rear. The Skat Traks and STU Blasters have a larger footprint and weigh less than the V Roll 14" paddles.

We have Skats,STUs and V Roll tires and wheels in stock now and when the cars are released will have a larger inventory.

Dave - Fullerton Sand Sports

So many choices so little time sigh​

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plus the cost of the STU's is just incredible. The V Rolls and Skat Traks will be mounted up so when ours is here we can do some testing in Glamis with both tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks But im not really in to the stu blasters .. lots of disapointed people with them in the dunes ..
Why were they disappointed? I have my eye on the STU comp cuts...I like how wide they look - the others just look pizza cutterish - The skat traks i've seen only have like 7 or 8 cups? That seems like it would'nt be enough?

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
STI V Roll 8 Paddle Rear: 21.2 LBS
STU 16 Paddle Pro Comp Rear: 15.4 LBS
Skat-Trak 8 Paddle Rear: 13.6 LBS

We will be doing some testing with the 8 and 9 paddle skat traks as well as the v rolls.

A lot of the customers with the STUs on the XPs are not happy with the performance against the skat-traks. Its one of those things.. price over performance over looks. The price of the skats are almost HALF of the STUS and the performance is better (we feel) with the skats, but the STUs look cool as hell on them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got 26" STU comp cut with 60/40 stagger cut padddles on an XP. I believe it is the best performance paddle available for a stock 875cc - 951cc UTV. However they are expensive. I have no complaints except for the price. The 26" Skats with the proper # of paddles would be great also for less money. If price is more important than performance I'm sure V Rolls will be fine. I'm no expert, just my opinion. I'll defer to Dave at FSS for expert advice or Johnny at UTV.

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to show all 3 tires we are talking about.

26x12x12 skat trak
26x12x12 stu
27x11x14 v roll

left to right: STU, V ROLL, SKAT

front to back: SKAT, V ROLL, STU

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do they mean when they say #1 or #2 paddle for the STU's?
The STU's come from the factory with 32 paddles.. 16 #1 cup and 16 #2 cup. So they shave either the 1s or the 2s off and get the 16 paddle. then you can pro comp cut them and have the sides of the paddles shaved down on every other one for a staggered paddle, or cut 8 more paddles off and have 8 paddles.. there is a ton of options and finding the right one the first time is some work.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dumb ? Here Why Not Buy A Tire With 8 Paddles On It Allready ?

Kind Of A Waste Of Good Rubber:D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I like how light the Skat Haulers are. The 12" wheel will fit on the rear of the Wildcat, right? I am thinking of just going with a light set of rear tires to start with. I can leave the stockers on the front for a season. What would be an inexpensive lightweight wheel for the rear?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts