Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
The Rzr had a loud pop when hitting that one lip, maybe a rock or bottomed out?

Too bad they didn't take the same path down that roadway but the AC soaks them up better and at a higher speed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow that is the best video showing the differences in the suspension
I agree...I don't think that area was big enough to have that much of a "He didn't take the same lines" BS argument...your suspension either sucks it up or it doesn't. And I gotta love those haters on the Polaris forum...that's probably the single biggest reason I do not own one...kinda stupid I know but I just cannot stomach that group and it has really biased me...even though the RZR XP is a formidable machine in the dunes? I just can't bring myself to own one because of that group...makes my skin crawl...

Great video and keep them coming...I think I might just bite the bullet after all and invest in one...hell I bought a first year Kawi and had nothing but luck with it despite the first year problems...and I STILL love that machine...for me? Half the fun of owning a machine is working on it and sharing the knowledge with other enthusiast...rest assured I will have mine at DASA the first week to have them start squeezing more ponies out of the machine...see if we can get some of those XP cry babies to squirt some tears...;)

·
Banned
441 Posts
Sandjunkie you have to remember the RZR was the real only game in town,kinda like the Banchee from 88 to 2000.A Banchee suspension sucked and took $ to make it run.Yamaha never changed it till they had to compete.Although I think Polaris did the right thing with the xp,they didn,t expect A/C to one up them.I,d probably think the same way if I just invested $20000+ into the 900 and this came out.:cool:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I am not trying to pick a fight here, because I believe the XP is under shocked (too light in valving and spring rate) and the rebound is too slow on an XP causing a bucking at the end of a whoop trail when slowing down when the shock finally unpacks, but in that video (which I love and appreciate the post and time spent to record and edit) it looks like the XP is going slower hitting that whoop trail. The only fair way to have this test is to run the exact same speed in both machines. If you watch the other video on this forum section called Wildcat in the Whoops, you will see the wildcat bucks a little in that whoop trail at a slower speed. I don't doubt that Wildcat has better suspension, but I think the testing needs to be fair.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I am not trying to pick a fight here, because I believe the XP is under shocked (too light in valving and spring rate) and the rebound is too slow on an XP causing a bucking at the end of a whoop trail when slowing down when the shock finally unpacks, but in that video (which I love and appreciate the post and time spent to record and edit) it looks like the XP is going slower hitting that whoop trail. The only fair way to have this test is to run the exact same speed in both machines. If you watch the other video on this forum section called Wildcat in the Whoops, you will see the wildcat bucks a little in that whoop trail at a slower speed. I don't doubt that Wildcat has better suspension, but I think the testing needs to be fair.
100% agree

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sandjunkie you have to remember the RZR was the real only game in town,kinda like the Banchee from 88 to 2000.A Banchee suspension sucked and took $ to make it run.Yamaha never changed it till they had to compete.Although I think Polaris did the right thing with the xp,they didn,t expect A/C to one up them.I,d probably think the same way if I just invested $20000+ into the 900 and this came out.:cool:
True dat...although Polaris punked Can Am right after the Commander came out so Polaris should have been more aware of what was coming since they are now the masters of the sucker punch...lol...but your right...I would defend my purchase the same way I guess...they just irritate me...:eek:

·
Vendor
508 Posts
The XP is a bad ass machine, no doubt. Looks like the Wildcat has it beat suspension wise hands down though, no question about it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well one of the things I think everyone is forgeting is that Redman didn't set this up. He was there and someone was driving their Xp thru the whoops and he videod it. From what I got out of the discussion he doesn't know the driver of the XP. So I don't think he had any control over how fast or which line they took. Correct me if I am wrong Redman.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the XP driver but we didn't seup anything, just managed to catch them both on the same stretch of woops.

Its not like we were given a Wildcat to do comparisons.

G

·
Ditto. Also, something that hasn't been mentioned is that the Wildcat has surely been set up for the bumps...it is the highlight of the machine. Just wondering how much work, dialing in the suspension, if any, had been done on the XP. Maybe Redman can answer this since it sounds like he knows the knows the driver. Curious because I want to know all the variables to what we're seeing and how good of compare it is.

·
Registered
986 Posts
After November 12th, I can volunteer helmet cam from the driver seat of Wildcat over a whoop trail at foot on the floor speed, RZR S, and XP on the same trail at equal speeds. Provided A/C lets me take one where i want to go at Sahara. There is a 1/4 mile of whoops with some minor dog legs and off camber whoops that will test any suspension. I might not have out of the car footage, but I can get it in the car on the Cat, and any footage I want of XP and S over the same trails as I have both at my disposal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts