Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help.

I'm about to purchase one of these vehicles and would like to know your thoughts on comparing the two. All/Most of you went through a similar process and decided on the Wildcat.

Appreciate your insight and wisdom, thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the site. Do some searching here. This question has been asked alot here by newbees. Im sure you will find your answer.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
welcome to the zoo go ass the rzr boys
hahahaha you know what they will say. Best thing to say is go test drive one. It sold me. Its like riding a supercharged cadillac ct=s threw the wood. Smooth, fast, roomy and comfortable. Oh did i said smooth. Haha the future of utvs

Reactions: wvabeer

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
hahahaha you know what they will say. Best thing to say is go test drive one. It sold me. Its like riding a supercharged cadillac ct=s threw the wood. Smooth, fast, roomy and comfortable. Oh did i said smooth. Haha the future of utvs
you are so right

·
Banned
441 Posts
Do your research on here and the RZR forum,cause it seems the + - thing could go both ways.Personaly it to me would be a $ factor to end up with what you want.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
xp is faster, for now. wildcat has more leg room and more features stock. after a few mods the cat will dominate.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
This has been posted many times. You need to make a pros n cons list for each machine. I could give you mine but I am not you. Here are some general things.Suspension on my cat is better than my buds aftermarket on his xp.Power steering, no brainer.Cockpit room for bigger guys. I do not fit xps comfortably.The chasis on the cat is hands down better. Safety n all.Now for cons, at least for me was the wet clutch. Thats 1200 for the delete. Shocks and power steering on an xp is over 3g. Yes the stock xp shocks are terrible. I also plan on an ecu remap(god willing lol)and an exhaust. Any questions ask but try to be more specific ;p

·
Registered
66 Posts
This has been posted many times. You need to make a pros n cons list for each machine. I could give you mine but I am not you. Here are some general things.Suspension on my cat is better than my buds aftermarket on his xp.Power steering, no brainer.Cockpit room for bigger guys. I do not fit xps comfortably.The chasis on the cat is hands down better. Safety n all.Now for cons, at least for me was the wet clutch. Thats 1200 for the delete. Shocks and power steering on an xp is over 3g. Yes the stock xp shocks are terrible. I also plan on an ecu remap(god willing lol)and an exhaust. Any questions ask but try to be more specific ;p
i would agree 100% the only bad for the cat is that damn wet clutch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Coming to this site or even the RZR forum to ask this question is like going to a Ford site to ask if Chevy is better. LMAO

Take both for a ride and draw your own conclusion. Both are great and very powerful machines.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Coming to this site or even the RZR forum to ask this question is like going to a Ford site to ask if Chevy is better. LMAO

Take both for a ride and draw your own conclusion. Both are great and very powerful machines.
x2 . .. . . exactly what he said . . . . . . go try them on for size in person and you will know which one you like and why. You might end up with one of each!

:arco:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can honestly say im not a big fan of polaris or AC because of reliability.. But none of the metric brands make anything close to these yet. I would take the WC for the suspension over all. But I would wait till I see some with 1000 mi on them and see the type of riding they do and the parts that fail. I do like they are AMERICAN MADE.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The Wet Clutch gets a horrible rap, for average drivers, it won't really bother much, but I can tell you, taking it is awesome. Mine hits 80 easy mode on pavement with 2 big guys in it, and it does it quick, pretty sure it would smoke an XP on pavement, ok maybe not smoke, but 1 length up to 75 when the XP runs out of gear, then it would start walking away.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ya Red for the riding I do I never had a problem with the wetclutch on my XTZ. It would nice to have the WCD but I didnt need it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Arctic cat isnt the only sxs that uses the wet clutch, the kawasaki teryx also uses one and it has recieved tremendous praise from its owners. It gets alot of downplay on this forum because alot of the guys here are duners that climb long hills and the stock setup wont let the clutch backshift to lower the ratio and keep the power up. Folks on the east will see less of a benefit than those in the west.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts