Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have looked but I can't find it, how long is the warranty on the Wildcat? Is it going to be 2 years like it is on a lot of Arctic Cat stuff? Dealers do you know?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
6 months is the norm on the high performance SxS's. It should not suprise anyone that they are not wanting to back up something they KNOW will be pounded on. Would you?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
This is the main point of consideration for my delivery date. I do not want to start the warranty clock in the middle of winter when use will be low.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I had a two year on my Thundercat. I think we should get a two year on the Wildcat

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wonder what the extended warranty is gonna cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If there is no extended warranty, It's a dealbreaker for me. :(
My prowler has over $10,000 in warranty repairs over it's three and a half year warranty.
It's been sitting in my garage for the last three months with another busted engine. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
218 Posts
If there is no extended warranty, It's a dealbreaker for me. :(
My prowler has over $10,000 in warranty repairs over it's three and a half year warranty.
It's been sitting in my garage for the last three months with another busted engine. :mad::mad::mad:
What is wrong with your engine? What Prowler do you have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a 2006 650H1.
First time, it was the Bevel gears and the case, etc.
Last time, it was turning the key after a lunch break... starter kickback, took out the starter gears, the engine case and the mag cover, etc. (in the middle of nowhere of course)
Even have it recorded on my GoPro....whohoo... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I realize it’s not the same animal as the Wildcat, and they really shouldn't be compared, but I'm still a little bitter about getting towed out by my Nephews Brute Force. :(

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I was hoping for 1 year and would really like 2. It would show a lot of faith in their product if they were to offer a longer warranty than Polaris.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Ever think that just maybe the actual warranty is 6 months and that you have been getting bilked for the extended $50 deductible warranty?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Where they standard or did you buy them from CatCare.
He probably does not know. The dealer stuck him with Cat Care Cornerstone (3rd party extended waranty) so far (4) different times and he thinks its a standard item. Arctic Cat warranties are 6 months like everyone else.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is the main point of consideration for my delivery date. I do not want to start the warranty clock in the middle of winter when use will be low.
This is why I told my dealer that for me it doesn't matter when they release them. I don't want to pickup my Wildcat until end of March or begining of April. That way my warranty doesn't start until I pick it up.
The bad part of that is that it means I have to WAIT until spring to get my hands on one.

TX,
I had heard a lot of Arctic Cat stuff had/has a 2 year warranty so no I don't think they were taking advantage of him.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
This is why I told my dealer that for me it doesn't matter when they release them. I don't want to pickup my Wildcat until end of March or begining of April. That way my warranty doesn't start until I pick it up.
The bad part of that is that it means I have to WAIT until spring to get my hands on one.

TX,
I had heard a lot of Arctic Cat stuff had/has a 2 year warranty so no I don't think they were taking advantage of him.
Arctic Cat warranty is 6 months and the other 18 months is through Cornerstone. They do promos as incentives that have the extended warranty but the fact remains their own warranty is 6 months then after that you have a $50 deductible for 18 months if you have the extended warranty. There is no 2 year limited factory warranty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts