Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the warranty will be on the Wildcat? Hopefully it won't be like the mickey mouse Polaris RZR warranty. The new machine will no doubt have some teething issues. If the factory doesn't think enough of the new toy to give it a good warranty it may be something to think about before buying one.

Gumball

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aint trying to be rude in any manner...But they cant even give us a price, let alone a warranty.
I myself am torn between buying the wildcat or rzr xp around tax season..
Waiting on aftermarket manufactures to come out with a full cab for the WC..
I live in Mt.Storm, WV and there is a reason for its name..The snow here is incredible but is really cold, already dropping to freezing temps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
About 2 years ago, we had 13' snow drifts at the end of our driveway... 4' average everywhere else, was a crazy year but had a blast.
But that was in a vehicle no atv or utv or snowmobile gave the protection to avoid frostbite...There was a few days of warm weather but snow was very wet and heavy then...The WC looks like it could handle some big tires easily without liftand just with the removal of fenders...Or with the lift (hint hint highlifter)and some heavy duty axles, have a very capable machine...

·
Registered
218 Posts
The warranty better be longer and better then mine on my XTZ. We will need it. AC is using the same engine/trans. as the XTZ and it will blow up and crack the cases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like at least a 2 year warranty ;)

Please tell more about the blown and cracked cases as I'm not a Cat guy yet and know to much about these motors and trannys and there weak points!! How do the big bore's hold up on pump gas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I got one of the very first Prowler 1000XTZs. They had a head gasket issue in the very first run, which I blew on my 3rd trip out. It was covered under warranty. Other than that, I had no issues at all................

·
Registered
218 Posts
There were 3 different versions of the 1000. The first gen. there is a gear and a thrust washer that didnt get enough oil and would take out the trans and since they share oil it would take out the motors too. The first gen also had alot of head gasket issues. AC changed the cases and gears on gen2 and 3 but there are still problems. I think the cases are still weak and letting things flex. Go to **************** and search you will find plenty of info on these motors. Adding more HP to these is not going to fix the problems. The 1000 does run great on pump gas when all is working correctly it is fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts