Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is an aftermarket Stator and pick up coil for $178.00, Free shipping. 1 year warranty. on E. Bay

Stator Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 / HO / Limited / 4 / X / 4X 2012 2013 2014

It is E Bay Item number 291365350616 I guess you would have to copy the description and paste it into the E.Bay search box.
to see the picture and buy it.

The Yamaha stator pickup coil mentioned is only $15.00, so now you have choices. E Bay 270714599478

J R

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks jrhowe. Ive been watching those on ebay aswell. I'm juggling all my options at the moment. Thanks to everyone who provided advice and help on this issue.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Finally got my parts in. Decided to go the ebay route for the sensor. Soldered it in; shrink rapped, and siliconed the crap out the ends and exposed wires. Put in new idler gear #1, and replaced starter. Those starter bolts are a booger until you find the right angle to go about it. Guess I wasn't holding my mouth just right. Either way, I completed the code reset operation. The PO336 code no longer flashes but a "engine" diagram still exist on the LCD. Is this something I need to be aware of before I try and start the WC? Ive read the service manual but im not having any luck. Thought Id pick your brains before I proceed.

Shout out to MLS- best price available anywhere for a new idler gear and starter. But you already knew that..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The wildcat lives to ride another day. The $15 sensor from eBay did the job. Definetly a $ saver.

Reactions: izom and Black Cat

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had this happen to me to. Found out mine because the battery wasn't charging mine started throwing that code. Ended up the starter broke some teeth of the reduction gear, the fragments got in between the magneto and flywheel. Ended up costing me about 500$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went on a 36 mile ride today and about 3/4 the way through the ride the Wildcat died and wouldn't start back. Heres the full details. I did hit a few trails that had some mud holes. Nothing extreme, but enough to coat the motor and undercarriage. Drove it 4-5 miles after leaving the muddy trail, hit the blacktop where I got up to 65 mph when the motor just died. When I tried to restart it would start and run for 2 seconds followed by a clunk, then a minor backfire. Tried this 2-3 more times with the same results. The engine light is on and giving code P0336. Its almost like its out of timing or the crank position sensor is bad. Has anyone had this happen? Luckily I had another atv rider along, was able to get back to the truck.

Also noticed the wildcat gas mileage was off all day. I ended with 1/2 tank after only 36 miles. The acceleration and power was normal throughout the ride. Don't know if this has any bearing on my problem. Thanks guys
Same thing happened to me yesterday it was all good after cleaning it ran fine then I tried replacing the led light switch and it wasn't the right fit so just left my wires hanging out till the new one comes but went up the road lost all power and it heard a clunk and a backfire with a code PO336 can anyone help where I should start to find the issue?

·
Administrator
27,995 Posts
Same thing happened to me yesterday it was all good after cleaning it ran fine then I tried replacing the led light switch and it wasn't the right fit so just left my wires hanging out till the new one comes but went up the road lost all power and it heard a clunk and a backfire with a code PO336 can anyone help where I should start to find the issue?
Welcome Tina Black. We'll, the 1st thing, never leave "wires hanging". You run the risk of them touching bare metal somewhere, and shorting out. Eliminate the easiest stuff first. Check all fuses, see if any blew. Disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, and reconnect. See it that clears the code. Hopefully the backfire didn't take out the stator.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Tina Black. We'll, the 1st thing, never leave "wires hanging". You run the risk of them touching bare metal somewhere, and shorting out. Eliminate the easiest stuff first. Check all fuses, see if any blew. Disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, and reconnect. See it that clears the code. Hopefully the backfire didn't take out the stator.
Ok I'm gonna check the battery and disconnect it but I did check all the fuses already and cleaned all the plugs and used dielectric grease on them but still has no power and codes still flashing with the engine light on

21 - 28 of 28 Posts