Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evolution Powersports is pleased to announce that we have finished the Wildcat X ECU reflash. With our "Bullet" and Carbon Fiber "Hex" Exhausts, we achieved a 9 HP gain over stock. We have revised the timing, fueling, rev limit (8000 rpms), etc. to realize these gains. Not only that, the engine pulls MUCH harder both down low and above 7000 rpms. The throttle response is even better than the stock X. With the stock exhaust and just the reflash, we achieved 4 HP over stock with similar drive ability and performance feel as with our exhaust.

It should be noted that all Wildcats fairly lean AFR's from the factory (13.5:1). Exhausts and intakes push the AFRs into the 14.5:1-15:1 with stock fueling. These items can be dangerous for your engine without more fuel. Our ECU flash adds the required fuel for maximum safety and performance.

We are testing clutch packages which will further enhance the performance of this vehicle and will be released soon.

More details, dyno charts, and dyno videos will be posted shortly. ALL of our WILDCAT ECU reflashes (WC2, 13.5 2, 4, X) will be for sale and available the week of September 9th.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am very interested in upping the RPMs with this ECU reflash but concerned about putting the engine at risk.

Please explain the risks to the engine if the intake pushes the AFR into the 14.5:1 range?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
And are the heads built to safely run at 8000 rpms? Valve float could become an issues if the heads aren't properly built for that high of rpms. I am very interested.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I am very interested in upping the RPMs with this ECU reflash but concerned about putting the engine at risk.

Please explain the risks to the engine if the intake pushes the AFR into the 14.5:1 range?
Mrk1500man, the AF ratio measures the oxygen and gasoline relationship going into a cylinder. Both are needed for combustion in addition to a spark. All engines have a sweet spot in the AF range that is optimal. Usually around the 13:1 range, but different engines will vary. Another part of what gasoline does is cool the cylinder. So as you up the AF ratio (more oxygen in the cylinder than optimal) the temps will increase. As you lower the AF ratio (more fuel in the cylinder than optimal) more cooling is done with the excess fuel. So, in general, the lower the AF ratio, the safer it becomes, but optimal is best. The higher the AF ratio, the hotter things get due to friction. Lean is not a good thing. Now, extremes on the other end are not good either. As too much fuel enters, there is not enough oxygen to burn all the fuel so excess fuel is left behind after the burn and this can leak past your rings into your crankcase. Elevation affects this as well, the higher you are, the less oxygen will be entering your cylinder due to thinner air. At higher elevation, we will have a lower AF ratio than the same exact setup at sea level.

With this tune, I expect them to be able to get pretty close to the optimum AF ratio, probably closer than the factory settings in the cat. The thing I am concerned about is if the heads are built to handle the higher rpm and not allow any valve float, which is a whole separate issue.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Does the reflash void Warranty? The Factory and/or aftermarket.

·
Registered
686 Posts
my only question is can you fix that horrible idle the wildcat X has? i wanna buy one so bad i am itching to go get it, but the damn things not wanting to idle just sucks. i have been in the driver seat of a bunch of X models and EVERY one of them has a rough idle and barely will idle. can you fix it? just pick up the idle about 100-150RPM

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The idle is because of the cam, it is what it is!

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
My X idles fine. If it is cold or right after startup, you need to hold the gas for just a couple seconds or it will die. Once you hold the gas a little though, it will idle fine. Its part of the sacrifice of having aggressive cams. my truck does the same thing.

Am I the only one worried about valve float at 8000 rpm?!?!

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.