Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wondering what is needed in conjunction with exhaust to keep the X running properly. Is the full exhaust itself good to bolt on with no issues? or do you need power commanders and different intakes? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Your question here was not quite clear until I noticed your other comments on the Barker exhaust thread. If I get you right you're asking if the various exhaust systems available for the Wildcat will require additional mods. Generally the answer is no and yes. No additional mods are typically required in order to not damage the motor or to keep it running properly. But, yes, if you want to maximize any additional HP benefit (if any), then you will need to step up to one of the air/fuel computers available.

Most of the exhaust mods, in general, provide no appreciable HP benefit on their own. Some, such as the Yoshimura and Muzzy I think, do claim some small gains with no additional mods. Add in an air/fuel computer and some tweaking there will maximize your gains - and they would probably do that even with the stock exhaust.

RLW

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phydeaux, that Answers my question. Mostly looking for a different sound, a louder sound. The X has plenty of power! Thinking of going with that D&D double barrel barker, I love the sound of that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts